Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Rkd 133g

Thanks for the advice, I get that its an issue.
    Problem is they don't show up all that often. Maybe I should just buy back my old Lotus Esprit...

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    The chassis was apparently sold to Richard Oaks for a trike project how is that for going back to its roots

Dirk
    Wow, that's a novel bit of trivia... who would have thought that

Today I received an email back from Poly-creation. It's affordable but i'm not allowed to disclose it for what ever reason...?

Maybe a fresh body and chassis and slowly build on it from there might be interesting?

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Vodka View Post
    Today I received an email back from Poly-creation. It's affordable but i'm not allowed to disclose it for what ever reason...?

Maybe a fresh body and chassis and slowly build on it from there might be interesting?
    I understand your sentiment, especially since I have a breakdown on things I inquired about in the past. I'm also aware of how they like to keep their prices under the hat.
    In the current climate, and considering how they've had time to settle in a bit, their prices seem to be fair, especially since everything you're getting is new.

However, both mine and several others will ask this:
    Are you content to start with a completely new (and I meanbrand new) project, or would you rather go with one of the original, existing shells/kits/cars?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaisa View Post
    I understand your sentiment, especially since I have a breakdown on things I inquired about in the past. I'm also aware of how they like to keep their prices under the hat.
    In the current climate, and considering how they've had time to settle in a bit, their prices seem to be fair, especially since everything you're getting is new.

However, both mine and several others will ask this:
    Are you content to start with a completely new (and I meanbrand new) project, or would you rather go with one of the original, existing shells/kits/cars?
    Very curious on prices from them, and why they feel it has to be so secretive?

But in terms of options trust me that restoring an early shell is time consuming, messy and costly. Having a new shell would save considerable time and allow you to crack on fitting bits where you want to, and not having to work around previous holes/damage/repair.

If, and it is a bloody big IF, I ever did another one the only way I would contemplate it would be with a new shell.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar

Hi Tobias, I recently asked them for a price for a mk1 bonnet. They also provided a cost for delivery to me in Scotland .... it was ridiculous. Did they give you delivery costs? I suspect you'd be a lot cheaper hiring a trailer and heading over there to pick it all up yourself!
    Alistair
    (PS .... If anyone's got a Mk1 bonnet they'd be happy to part with, even a bad one as long as the nostrils are good, please pm me)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen...YAAOSwZ4dZFYfv

A chassis for it, no mods if you are of smaller proportions.
    Free tax.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***

That would make an interesting build thread, but I think if you add it up would blow your £5k budget overall. £1k chassis £1k engine £500 windscreen £500 wheels the list goes on. If you are happy to spend more over a longer period go for it.

Dirk

While I won't say exactly what the cost is because they asked me not to. But its in the 4-5k range both assembled and un-assembled.

No delivery cost either so for the whole lot we are looking at a hell of a cost