Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Nova for sale

Second Chance

Why not offer the second highest bidder the car..... my £4k offer was well out the window...

Yea , Ebay ...
    people come in from the pub...bid on cars that take them back to their younger years but they cant afford it!!!...or their 16 year old son did it , etc etc... that's the downside of ebay...that and their rip off fees...worse if someone pays with paypal as ebay own paypal too, they charge you a seller fee, then a paypal charge....

Hence using the forum to sell as its genuine people ....I think the other issue is that people who know nothing about kit cars turn up expecting a production built car, ...on test drives they hear squeeks n rattles and they either make a daft offer or make their excuses and leave.....

Good Luck .... Im sure my £4k not enough for you but if you get desperate let me know ;o)

cheers

Dave

Well it's official ruined my plan of finishing work in September. I've now decided to remain in work. The nova will remain for same but not on ebay. I will in the mean time try and get some of the small jobs out of the way on it in the mean time

?

Quote Originally Posted by kdnova View Post
    Well it's official ruined my plan of finishing work in September. I've now decided to remain in work. The nova will remain for same but not on ebay. I will in the mean time try and get some of the small jobs out of the way on it in the mean time

£6k??

Yes still for sale and £6000 now if any one is interested. It will not be dropped any lower than this as I had originally advertised at almost £8000.

As things stand at the moment I don't have any time for the car due to other commitments but may have found storage for it so ill stick it away for a while unless someone comes forward in the meantime

Keith

Keith
    If you can, use it a few times on sunny days. After all you have done you need to get some fun back from it.
    Its worth the money so protect your investment, store safely for they are only going up in value.
    Regards
    Buffy

Thanks Buffy

unfortunately at the moment I have fallen out of love with the car. after it failed its first mot in October last year which meant I did not get to use it for my wedding that on top of the vast amount of money I have invested in it and the issues ive had over the years has lead to my decision to sell..

In a way it frustrates me as when I do take it out it gets so much admiration and it almost relights my spark.

Maybe if I stick it away for a bit I might come back to it at some point.

There are a list of jobs to do on it and I know they are all a bit silly and small but like I say I have no enthusiasm

Keith

It now has mot , so you can go back to it any time and drive it, and after all the time getting it to this stage, you may need to just sit back for a moment and realise what you have achieved.
    If you can afford to , chillax for a while 😀

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    It now has mot , so you can go back to it any time and drive it, and after all the time getting it to this stage, you may need to just sit back for a moment and realise what you have achieved.
    If you can afford to , chillax for a while 😀
    Buffy's right. Don't let it sit there doing nothing for too long or you'll end up like me, 25 years later, with a pretty major rebuild! I'm joking of course. However, I've not actually seen a Nova driving on the road for about 25 years, and to my amazement I saw Gmacz in Dundee (going in the opposite direction unfortunately) at the weekend .... what a treat!! It's inspired me to get back into the garage. That's the thing with Novas ... when you fall out of love it's sad, but making up is the best bit!
    Alistair

Still for sale! My austin needs new from wings fabricating from scratch which is costly so the npva really should go to a good home before it ends up sat where it is for years deteriating

Quote Originally Posted by glasgowgolfer View Post
    ...worse if someone pays with paypal as ebay own paypal too, they charge you a seller fee, then a paypal charge....

Dave
    I don't know who owns paypal now, but ebay hasn't owned it for a few years now.
    From what I understand, they were made to sell it on or face a MASSIVE tax bill.