Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Hello everyone

  1. #1

    Hello everyone

    Hi, I'm Matt and I have been reading this forum as a guest for years and have joined as I'm finally looking for a nova to buy. I have missed out on the last few on eBay but am determined to get one soon. I'm based in Carlisle so should have a 50 minute head start on Glasgowgolfer if on comes up for sale down south 😉.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattlowry7 View Post
    Hi, I'm Matt and I have been reading this forum as a guest for years and have joined as I'm finally looking for a nova to buy. I have missed out on the last few on eBay but am determined to get one soon. I'm based in Carlisle so should have a 50 minute head start on Glasgowgolfer if on comes up for sale down south 😉.
    More competition.....Its getting harder....
    Current cars -
    Nova
    MGB GT 1974
    Austin Mini 1973 (79 plate)
    Triumph Stag 1976
    Triumph Dolomite (in the works)
    Honda CRV 2016

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Near Eastbourne
    Posts
    569
    The competition's always been here in one way, shape or form, though some of us have been forced to prioritize.

  4. #4
    Senior Member BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    839
    Welcome Matt. If you've been reading the forum for a while you'll have gathered that it helps if those who are looking for a Nova are patient characters, and able to handle a disappointment or 3. Anyway, best of luck!
    PS .... The rules on here are that those who've been looking the longest (such as folk like Glasgowgolfer) get a head start of 2 hours!

  5. #5
    Ok I'll respect that rule. I do have limited funds and my wife says she will divorce me if I get a nova but am determined to own one soon.

  6. #6
    Senior Member BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    839
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattlowry7 View Post
    Ok I'll respect that rule. I do have limited funds and my wife says she will divorce me if I get a nova but am determined to own one soon.
    Haha, I was only joking about the 'rule'. Hope the divorce goes well
    Alistair

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Near Eastbourne
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Haha, I was only joking about the 'rule'. Hope the divorce goes well
    Alistair
    (chuckles) oh my, the missus threatening divorce over getting a car!?
    To be honest, why would she do that if it doesn't harm the relationship?
    Its a car dammit, not a mistress!
    Though, from what some people may imply, their cars do reach a close second...

  8. #8
    Senior Member Phill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Livingston (Scotland)
    Posts
    1,001
    Hi Matt - welcome to the forum. It's a goldmine of advice. I'm halfway through my second Nova build (the last one was in 1984/5) and would be stuck without the wealth of information available here. I hope you (and the others) eventually find a a car
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

    http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns


  9. #9
    ..
    Last edited by glasgowgolfer; 06-06-2017 at 10:00 PM.

  10. #10
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Hailsham, E Sussex
    Posts
    1,216
    Matt
    Firstly welcome to the forum.
    Secondly, if you find a car that you have the opportunity to buy then go for it, we are here to help ( and be blunt if required )
    Third. Do not take some members comments as being rude or derogatory, most mean no harm by it.

    Remember, the car is the star...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •