Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello everyone

They are coming up for sale more often lately, keep your eyes peeled and I'm sure you'll get one before too long if you have the drive and determination to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by glasgowgolfer View Post

Pretty pathetic to come on the forum to come out with stuff like that.......

I am looking and I have cash but if members prefer someone who can reach them quicker then it's their choice
    Not sure what's meant by this? Surely it's not about who can "get there quicker", it's about firstly who has the money to complete the sale by offering the asking price of whatever car may be for sale and secondly seeing the transaction through.

Matt, welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the welcome and no offence ment Glasgow golfer. I know the disappointment of missing out as I have bid on several and lost out in the last 12 months. Hopefully with a few more coming up for sale we won't stay disappointed for long🤞

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaisa View Post
    (chuckles) oh my, the missus threatening divorce over getting a car!?
    To be honest, why would she do that if it doesn't harm the relationship?
    Its a car dammit, not a mistress!
    Though, from what some people may imply, their cars do reach a close second...
    Welcome to the forum, I think my wife would rather I had a mistress as I would spend less time with her than the car, they can take over your life

Dirk

Welcome to the forum!

Like you. I too spent a considerable time reading the forum posts and dreaming of owning a Nova before actually joining and eventually, landing my first car. They do come up, especially if you are prepared to take on a project needing lots of work (as is the case with my car).
    As others have said, this is an incredibly supportive group of enthusiasts who are never slow to offer friendly and helpful advice (and the occasional sprinkling of light-hearted banter).

Cheers,

Colin

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Matt
    Firstly welcome to the forum.
    Secondly, if you find a car that you have the opportunity to buy then go for it, we are here to help ( and be blunt if required )
    Third. Do not take some members comments as being rude or derogatory, most mean no harm by it.

Remember, the car is the star...
    Indeed, if you're referring to me; anything I may say is said in light hearted humor, never out of malice

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    Welcome to the forum, I think my wife would rather I had a mistress as I would spend less time with her than the car, they can take over your life

Dirk
    ... ... I don't have any way to respond to that (chuckle) good one!

Welcome ... i was here 8 years before i got a Nova. And i had exactly the same threat of Divorce from my wife and i do believe she meant it ! Plenty of wearing down and she finally gave in. She even went as far as getting me a t-shirt with the nova on it for Fathers day last year.... Pity she got it from the Sterling site in America. So i am probably the only owner of a Sterling sports car t-shirt in the UK
    But the thought was there .....

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Hi Matt, welcome aboard! I hope you find something soon. There is some choice if you are prepared to lower your sights and take on a project. Unfortunately with the Nova being out of production for so long now it is very rare to find a car in "original" condition, and because they were all built as kits (with very few exceptions), each one will reflect the aspirations of the builder. These can be quite low - I once saw a Nova at a show with brass padlocks holding the bonnet down

It also helps to play the long game. I was first introduced to the Nova when I was at school and wanted one - badly. However, it was a further 10 years before I found one, and another 15 years before it was fit to drive...

To all you prospective Nova owners, don't lose hope!

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

I haven't been here very long and the bants they are'a flowing