Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nova body parts

Have pm'd the seller to add pics

based on his other parts for sale seems to be some sort of breakers / used parts dealer

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Have asked the same; photos! `¬)

Wondering which Mk...

wonder what happened to the main body, or if an accident damaged car? May query once we get pics (hopefully!)

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinB View Post
    Have asked the same; photos! `¬)

Wondering which Mk...

wonder what happened to the main body, or if an accident damaged car? May query once we get pics (hopefully!)
    I texted the owner to ask if the bonnet has nostrils ... it hasn't so I'm guessing the parts are from a Mk2. If anyone knows of a half decent Mk1 bonnet that's for sale please let me know
    Alistair

One of the things I've got a mould for......
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzax3 View Post
    One of the things I've got a mould for......
    Really Alex? .... so how much would you charge to make one up and post to Bonnie Scotland? If anyone's even got a poor Mk1 bonnet with good nostrils I'd be interested in that too .... effectively transplanting the nostrils to my Mk1 bonnet. Not desperate just now coz still got chassis to sort but a definite fix for the body later on and given how scarce they are I'm starting the search now Alistair

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Really Alex? .... so how much would you charge to make one up and post to Bonnie Scotland? If anyone's even got a poor Mk1 bonnet with good nostrils I'd be interested in that too .... effectively transplanting the nostrils to my Mk1 bonnet. Not desperate just now coz still got chassis to sort but a definite fix for the body later on and given how scarce they are I'm starting the search now Alistair
    Islandman bought one from poly creations.
    He can advise on price, fit and quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Islandman bought one from poly creations.
    He can advise on price, fit and quality.
    I too didn’t realize Alex had the Mark 1 bonnet molds when I ordered mine from Poly Creations, if I had I would have gone to him first .

Poly creations stated “We use 4x800gr fiberglass , so it will be strong.
    And finished in white gelcoat.”

What I received was certainly thick enough and comparable to the original bonnet. One thing I did find a bit strange was that they clearly took a mold from a Mark 1 bonnet that had a central bonnet lock at the bottom. The indentation from this still in the new part, which I had to fill. I can only assume they thought that this was standard and everyone used the same fixing mechanism and cut this bit out.

As for the price they charged EUR 300 for the bonnet and EUR 150 for shipping to Essex. I had my original Mark 1 bonnet at the time (now with Dirk), but knew I would spend far too much time fixing the fiberglass Crazing. For me given my limited time in the UK each year time was money to so I bit the bullet and ordered the new one that pretty much just needed the hinges and catches sorted then paint.

Pics now on eBay
    It is a mk1 bonnet with nostrils