Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eagle ss in black.

I'm deciding to stand firm and wait for a Nova to come along...it's what I set out for originally.

Tobias
    If that is cheap, and you have the space to store, that car could be a future classic.
    If I had the space to store, i def would get it. At the moment it is saying bargain.

Just saying !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Vodka View Post
    I'm deciding to stand firm and wait for a Nova to come along...it's what I set out for originally.
    Don't blame you, if you're after a Nova, an Eagle isn't a substitute. (specially not the front engined variant) Same ways if you really want an Eagle, a Nova isn't the answer....
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    This particular Eagle is the Ford-based variant, which uses a (very) crude custom perimeter frame chassis to support the Cortina front subframe with all suspension carried over and the 4-link live axle at the rear. In order to fit the upright Pinto engine into a nose that was never designed for it, a very ugly bonnet bulge was created.

The lights were all the rage in the early 80s and mimic the pop-up "carriage lamps" used on the Porsche 928. I've always thought they look hideous, but there is no accounting for taste!

At least the windscreen on this one is intact - my understanding is that although the same shape as the Nova screen, the Eagle screen is in fact less curved, presumably because the A pillars had to be reinforced due to the gull-wing doors. Very, very hard to find, by all accounts...

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Glad I'm not the only one who thought the chassis was crude - I can remember some shirtyness when I referred to it as 'agricultural' I also feel the same about the lights - though possibly they managed to get the centre height somewhere near legal? The engine-covering bonnet must make for very poor visibility when coupled with the recumbant seating position, I wouldn't fancy driving it on the lanes round here!
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

I see it's back up for sale again !

Sold for £450 this time.
    I wonder if it's back on next week !

Spoke too soon
    Now back on for £350!
    Now in some ways that has to be a bargain

Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post
    This particular Eagle is the Ford-based variant, which uses a (very) crude custom perimeter frame chassis to support the Cortina front subframe with all suspension carried over and the 4-link live axle at the rear. In order to fit the upright Pinto engine into a nose that was never designed for it, a very ugly bonnet bulge was created.

The lights were all the rage in the early 80s and mimic the pop-up "carriage lamps" used on the Porsche 928. I've always thought they look hideous, but there is no accounting for taste!

At least the windscreen on this one is intact - my understanding is that although the same shape as the Nova screen, the Eagle screen is in fact less curved, presumably because the A pillars had to be reinforced due to the gull-wing doors. Very, very hard to find, by all accounts...

Lauren
    A matter of taste indeed.
    Not a great fan of 928 headlamps either but they do overcome the height problem and you can actually see where you are going.
    Not only the A post, the whole top is reinforced with an integral cage from MkII on.

SS Screens are available to order from Pilkingtons about 350 plus the usual.

Peter
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Didn't even sell at £350 !!