Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 78

Thread: Tobias's Nova

  1. #31
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    334
    Nice update -thanks.
    The car looks great!

    The petrol cap looks like it's from a Jaguar XJ6 (I had a Series II)
    IIRC the same cap fits Series I-III, they are available.

    Looks like you have a Dynamo, (i.e not an alternator) fitted,
    might be worth an upgrade at some point.
    I like the sound of a 2L lump, are you sticking with an Air cooled engine?

    Steve

  2. #32
    Senior Member BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    358
    It's clear from your photos that you've managed to find a really good example of the Nova. You are one really lucky guy! Enjoy making the tweaks and hopefully we'll be able to repeat the old photo I posted a few days ago of our 2 cars at Stones in 1990 in the next couple of years when I get mine back on the road
    Alistair

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    It's clear from your photos that you've managed to find a really good example of the Nova. You are one really lucky guy! Enjoy making the tweaks and hopefully we'll be able to repeat the old photo I posted a few days ago of our 2 cars at Stones in 1990 in the next couple of years when I get mine back on the road
    Alistair
    I'll hold you to that!
    Would looks good framed
    Current cars -
    Nova
    MGB GT 1974
    Austin Mini 1973 (79 plate)
    Triumph Stag 1976
    Triumph Dolomite (in the works)
    Honda CRV 2016

  4. #34
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bicester Oxon
    Posts
    327
    looks very nice indeed, especially to have found something so sorted - even if a few things you may want to change (they never really get totally finished!)
    When was it last mot'd?
    How does the chassis look; particularly around the peddle area underneath etc where the front chassis part meets the 'napoleons hat' - this is where my chassis first went...
    I'm sure you will have many happy times with her!

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinB View Post
    looks very nice indeed, especially to have found something so sorted - even if a few things you may want to change (they never really get totally finished!)
    When was it last mot'd?
    How does the chassis look; particularly around the peddle area underneath etc where the front chassis part meets the 'napoleons hat' - this is where my chassis first went...
    I'm sure you will have many happy times with her!
    So far the chassis looks good. Absolutely caked in underseal however...
    Current cars -
    Nova
    MGB GT 1974
    Austin Mini 1973 (79 plate)
    Triumph Stag 1976
    Triumph Dolomite (in the works)
    Honda CRV 2016

  6. #36
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    4,895
    Nice update, thanks for sharing. I thought I was the only one still using a 5" CRT, where is the camera located?

    Every Nova is different, because each builder has a different idea of what makes a "perfect" car. Like buying a house and re-doing the kitchen, even if said kitchen is new. Just one of those things you have to budget for.

    Overall, a very nice example of the breed!

    Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post
    Nice update, thanks for sharing. I thought I was the only one still using a 5" CRT, where is the camera located?

    Every Nova is different, because each builder has a different idea of what makes a "perfect" car. Like buying a house and re-doing the kitchen, even if said kitchen is new. Just one of those things you have to budget for.

    Overall, a very nice example of the breed!

    Lauren
    Centre console above a clock that doesn't work
    Rear cam comes out above the rear numberplate, wiring is there, but no camera out.
    Current cars -
    Nova
    MGB GT 1974
    Austin Mini 1973 (79 plate)
    Triumph Stag 1976
    Triumph Dolomite (in the works)
    Honda CRV 2016

  8. #38
    Very nicely done and some items I can relate too myself such as the ribbed alloy dash, retro but stylish.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

    http://ukhozi.page.tl

  9. #39
    Update 1

    Looking over the car checking everything for the upcoming MOT just to be sure. Roof is working fine, lights; fine. Then I try the fogs. The system flickers and dies taking the wipers/washers and internal fans with it. Roof still works but maybe it earthed and fried something, now the other systems are down

    These things are definitely sent to test us!
    Current cars -
    Nova
    MGB GT 1974
    Austin Mini 1973 (79 plate)
    Triumph Stag 1976
    Triumph Dolomite (in the works)
    Honda CRV 2016

  10. #40
    No fogs needed for mot, leave them off and remove/cover switch and carry on. Saves time if you are getting tight

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •