Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ANOTHER Nova FOR SALE !!

ANOTHER Nova FOR SALE !!

Ok. There's another Nova for sale and as the debate goes on regarding price... This one is £20,000 !!

It does look a very very nice example .....

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C891788

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    crikey! that looks very nice! ...but I'd want something more than a vw1500 for that amount...

Okay, for a standard Beetle based kit that is so far optimistic that it doesn't really need taking seriously... But it does look very smart!
    It's a 49 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Makes me wonder what 10k worth of work might do to my old girl
    Current cars -
    Nova
    MGB GT 1974
    Austin Mini 1973 (79 plate)
    Triumph Stag 1976
    Triumph Dolomite (in the works)
    Honda CRV 2016

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Does anyone on the forum recognise the car?
    Interesting price, would want to know so much more about the car.
    Must, or should be concours!
    Last edited by Alzax3; 15-07-2017 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Does anyone on the forum recognise the car?
    Interesting price, would want to know so much more about the car.
    Must, or should be concours!
    Even if it were, the quality of the ready built ones coming out of the factory wasn't that brilliant.....
    It's a 49 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Even I would say that price in unrealistic. It looks to have 14" Slot mags, no shots of the interior......which for that price would need to be very very nice with leather.

Also whilst the paint looks brilliant I know myself that photos of paint work can look great, even when its not! My paint has deteriorated. Well more the fibrelass underneath has moved about, I just spotted 2 new depressions yesterday from old wing mirror mountings. None of these flaws existed last year. Never again will I spend big money on painting firbreglass, its just not worth it.

Anyway I hope he posts some more photos.

Yes would love to see some interior shots

20K!, I have always advocated better prices for kit cars so it reflects the money and effort put into it but 20K?, 12K to 15K would be pushing it, there are a LOT of classic cars out there for that money.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

£20k

As with most Kit Cars I doubt you ever get back the full Man Hours you put into them as you tinker with them for years even after a good build, Even if this car had a 911 engine in it you would do well to get anywhere near £10k ....yes she looks awesome and in a great colour but I just cant see that kinda money in it ..... If this is the way they are heading then I will never own one as I could never justify anywhere near that amount for basically a Toy for me to run around in.