Thread: Porsche 5x130 PCD on a Nova

***Euro-Nova Supporter***

Porsche 5x130 PCD on a Nova

I am thinking about converting to Porsche (Hubs) i.e. to get 5x130 PCDs,
    it seems reasonably straightforward (if you are at the chassis build stage)
    some disk brake conversion kits even offer 5x130 PCD at no extra cost.

There are a better choice of wheels at that PCD, I think it looks better also.
    But my question is, will any of the Porsche wheels look right on the Nova? (i.e. Offset wise?)

Just skimming ebay,the wheels on show have large +offset (and large backspace),
    i.e they'd likely foul the suspension if fitted, and wouldn't extend out to fill the Nova's wheelarch
    unless fairly large spacers are used?
    Any Thoughts?

A few things to consider :

1) Ideally you want 15" wheels or larger to have a greater choice of tyres, the choices at 14" are very limited

2) Plenty of adapters out there, many made to custom sizes (I did this in my scooby Nova). These can act as a spacer as well as a conversion from one bolt pattern to another.

3) You are right ideally you need the offset to come forward rather than backwards. I guess the only was is to have very large spacers, but not an ideal solution.

Any particular style wheels you are after?

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post

[...]

Any particular style wheels you are after?
    Something like this (16 inch), e.g. 5-6 spoke with plenty of air between the spokes...

s-l1600.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Something like this (16 inch), e.g. 5-6 spoke with plenty of air between the spokes...

s-l1600.jpg
    Doable I guess but large spacers will be a must. Personally I prefer the deep dish look which means you can get away with lower profile spacers

You can also have the existing VW disks/drums drilled for the Porsche PCD (assuming you are using VW Disks or Droms, OFC)

The VW is 4x130, so the Porsche PCD of 5x130 means you can drill & tap 4 additional holes (re-using 1 original hole) and end up with both PCDs in 1.
    cheers

Paul