Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone near a Ball Joint front Beam with a tape measure? Shock tower height needed

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Hi Bushboy,
    That's great -thanks.
    Appreciate the offer; there is another measurement I'd like to have if you can please;
    especially as you have the beam off the car.
    Can you put a piece of wood/string across the top of the upper shock mounts and measure down to the top of the Beam please?
    See pic.

SAM_0950.jpg

I heed the warnings Lauren!
    The beams are designed for pump-up air suspension - i.e. replacing the torsion bars with through bars.
    I plan on using through bars myself, but with custom made (taller) coil-over shocks, to compensate for the 20mm height difference, and to give me proper height adjustability on the car.

So if the nose ends up in the dirt I'll have nobody to blame but myself.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    I plan on using through bars myself, but with custom made (taller) coil-over shocks, to compensate for the 20mm height difference, and to give me proper height adjustability on the car.
    Sounds like a plan - and as you say, it gives you 20mm of additional travel which could be useful.
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Hi Steve. just had a quick measure of my beam and that second measurement you looking for i get to aprox 180mm.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    That's great - Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Hi Steve. just had a quick measure of my beam and that second measurement you looking for i get to aprox 180mm.