Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: slow cranking...tight engine..?

  1. #41
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    377
    Blog Entries
    1
    Hi Paul,
    Any chance of a picture of the new linkage in situ?
    ... and when you are ready, some pics (and size) of the big wheels you are planning on using, it will give me some food for thought for my build.

  2. #42
    Senior Member wizrod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Hi Paul,
    Any chance of a picture of the new linkage in situ?
    ... and when you are ready, some pics (and size) of the big wheels you are planning on using, it will give me some food for thought for my build.
    here you go...
    IMG_20171206_191012.jpgIMG_20171206_194653.jpg

    also, in that pic I had only just lowered the car off the jack, so the ride height will be little lower & the top gap a little smaller once it has settled.

    the wheels are 15" in diameter & either 11" or 13" in diameter. the tyres are 275/60-15.
    Last edited by wizrod; 06-12-2017 at 11:11 PM.
    cheers

    Paul

  3. #43
    Senior Member BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    412
    Paul, I could be wrong but that looks like an arrow at about '8 o'clock' on the tyre. Are your rear tyres directional? The tread pattern also looks like a directional tyre. If it is a directional tyre then I think you need to swap round your rear tyres to get the arrows pointing in 'forward rotation' ..... but if I've misinterpreted the just ignore me!
    Alistair
    Last edited by BlueNova; 06-12-2017 at 11:25 PM.

  4. #44
    Well spotted Alistair, you're right, and that tyre is left.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

    http://ukhozi.page.tl

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Near Eastbourne
    Posts
    459
    I can see what you mean too.
    I believe the pattern's designed to increase traction and expel water, while the other way around (the way it is in the picture) would force water, muck etc to the center area of the tire and reduce traction.
    G

  6. #46
    Senior Member wizrod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire
    Posts
    153
    Thanks for the heads up😊

    I spotted the same last night as I was posting them.

    TBH the wheels will be on & off many times before I get the road...they were only mounted there to allow me to turn the car round to face the other way...
    cheers

    Paul

  7. #47
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    377
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by wizrod View Post
    here you go...
    IMG_20171206_191012.jpgIMG_20171206_194653.jpg

    also, in that pic I had only just lowered the car off the jack, so the ride height will be little lower & the top gap a little smaller once it has settled.

    the wheels are 15" in diameter & either 11" or 13" in diameter. the tyres are 275/60-15.
    Nice, thanks. I like the 5 Stud Porsche look.
    I was thinking maybe ~245 wide at the rear, with 8" wheels, but yours do fill the arch nicely, we'll see.

  8. #48
    Senior Member BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by wizrod View Post
    Thanks for the heads up😊

    I spotted the same last night as I was posting them.

    TBH the wheels will be on & off many times before I get the road...they were only mounted there to allow me to turn the car round to face the other way...
    Cheers Paul ... I find it such a pain on my van because it means I can only swap the tyres on the same side of the van as they start to wear. It's a Citroen Berlingo which I've had for 5 years and is a really fantastic van, but the factory set up leads to uneven tyre wear, especially on the nearside. I've researched it on the Berlingo forum and there doesn't appear to be a way of fixing it!
    Anyway, at least it's not such a hassle when you're only dealing with the 2 rear tyres. You're much much closer to than me so happy and safe driving sometime soon hopefully!

    Alistair

  9. #49
    Senior Member wizrod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Nice, thanks. I like the 5 Stud Porsche look.
    I was thinking maybe ~245 wide at the rear, with 8" wheels, but yours do fill the arch nicely, we'll see.
    There is also the advantage that the adapters push wheel out just enough so they don't look lost in the arches, which has always been a problem with this Nova
    cheers

    Paul

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Near Eastbourne
    Posts
    459
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Cheers Paul ... I find it such a pain on my van because it means I can only swap the tyres on the same side of the van as they start to wear. It's a Citroen Berlingo which I've had for 5 years and is a really fantastic van, but the factory set up leads to uneven tyre wear, especially on the nearside. I've researched it on the Berlingo forum and there doesn't appear to be a way of fixing it!
    Anyway, at least it's not such a hassle when you're only dealing with the 2 rear tyres. You're much much closer to than me so happy and safe driving sometime soon hopefully!

    Alistair
    I have the same issue on my peugeot partner, but its the OS front for me...
    Considering how the peugeot and citroen cans are effectively the same van, but with a little cosmetic differences, I'm not surprised and have seen this on other citroen and peugeot vans...
    I'll be sending mine off to have the tracking and camber reset during the xmas term, this SHOULD resolve the problem...

    I do STRONGLY suggest you make sure the load in the back is even, since this seems to increase the uneven wear and makes me wonder WHY
    Last edited by Gaisa; 08-12-2017 at 06:06 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •