Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carfest South 2018

Carfest South 2018

I have received an invitation to apply for carfest 2018. Next year they are having 3 sections for display cars, the Vintage Village for Classic cars, a new area called "Motorsport" (a revival of the Car Club area under a new name) and a German Festival - Oktoberfest for all things German.

The organiser, Anne, has negotiated a £50 discount for us as a loyal club. We have had a presence ever since Chris Evans started Carfest.

Again it is limited to 5 display cars & despite saying "Never again" I'll start the list with me, and throw it open to other Members, for the faithful that don't visit this site often I'll add them as tentative. If there is enough interest I will be happy to split my attendance to allow other cars & members to enjoy this exclusive event. It would be great if in 2018 we achieve a 5 Nova line up.

Bushboy
    Jim
    Ces
    Tim
    Monkeyboy (Westfield)

I will be contacting the faithful to obtain a commitment & up date the list accordingly

The Event is held at Laverstoke Park Hampshire on 26th 27th & 28th August.

The cost for the "club" pitch is £650 plus VAT split 5 ways and camping is available at £150 plus Vat per 6m x 9m pitch.

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Time for commitment folks,

Who is interested in attending?
    The festival is over 3 days & in the past the participants have attended all 3 days. However, last year I couldn't attend on the first day due to other commitments & Ray & Gary came forward to take my place. This option is available again this year.

If you wish to show your car but can't commit to all 3 days let me know which day(s) you wish to attend & I'll formulate a roster.

I will be sending a email drop to all known current members of Club Nova for those that don't frequent this forum.

I now have the booking form & need to know by the end of March.

Cheers

Busboy

Thought I would put some post event pics up in the right place.

More to follow here and in the magazine.

A sunny start to the weekend, with some rain Fri pm, but Sunday was a washout unfortunately.

Well done to the hardy attendees that went to watch the bands - Sarah, Martha and I retreated around 5pm.

The stand in the sunshine:

And then the rain came!

But we kept smiling!

All the best,

Jim

Club Nova Member, SDBC Member, GRRC Member, Southern Classics

Read more about latest Nova developments in Complete Kit Car

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Nice update - thanks for posting

Nice photos James .... Novas still look great in the rain!

For those of us who haven't yet met those who are lucky enough to have completed their cars and driven them to a show, could you introduce us to the folk in the group shot please. I know you're in the middle and I'm assuming that's Bushboy in the high viz jacket, but I don't know the other 3.

Many thanks, Alistair

People in the pictures Left to Right

Bushboy, Ces (Owns Nena), James, Colin (Owns 2 un-finished Novas & drove his westfield), Tim (Also owns 2 novas, a Red one on the road & another waiting for a build)

I will add a few pics once I get them off the phone.

Thanks to the trusty Club Nova Carfest Crew. This was the 7th consecutive Carfest that the club has attended, it was my 6th.

My trip to carfest was not without mishap. The alternator gave up the ghost with 40 miles left to go. Mr AA suggested he get me to Carfest where we may be able to fit a new alternator. So he installed a new battery & followed me all the way there ready to another battery if it did not have enough juice in it. It only took the one battery.

The short story, could not get another alternator in time so we tried to make 1 good one out of the 2 I had in the shed but no good. I brought my battery charger & charged the batteries (I have 2 in the Eureka) & Tim loaned me his spare. I set of Monday morning from carfest for the 92ish mile journey & the first battery got me 30 miles. Pulled over & swapped onto the 2nd battery. This one did a better job and saw another 45 miles chalked up. Onto the final battery & ahead lay the Daftford Crossing with its legendary queue for the tunnel. Crawling along in the traffic I was desperately trying not to stall as the volt meter was now below 11.2 volts. I made it to the tunnel but then the tachometer failed. The first sign that there was precious little juice left in the battery. I took the first exit & decided to pull into the services. At least I was on the right side of the river. I chose a nice parking bay & the car was spluttering into it. This battery only covered 13 miles but it did have to contend with the stop start crawling Dartford traffic, so the elapsed time was probably similar to the first battery.
    I only live 5 miles from these services so I called the wife & she extracted the last "spare" battery I have in the shed & came to rescue to me, not for the first time, & I doubt it will be the last

Bushboy

Quote Originally Posted by bushboy View Post
    People in the pictures Left to Right

Bushboy, Ces (Owns Nena), James, Colin (Owns 2 un-finished Novas & drove his westfield), Tim (Also owns 2 novas, a Red one on the road & another waiting for a build)
    Thanks Bushboy! .... nice to 'meet' you all

I don't have a photo of me with my Nova but here's one taken last month on my hols

20180722_130116.jpg

Alistair

Quote Originally Posted by jim73vw View Post
    And then the rain came!

That's my daughter, Fay. She would like everyone to know that she had a better time than that face looks like! Especially about 30 minutes later when we fed her Churros! Nice to meet up with some of you, all be it briefly. We didn't make it back to the stand. Carfest was a lot larger than previous years. We missed loads, even though a lot was shut because of the rain. Seemed to walk for miles.

See you again next year, next time in the Nova.

Yes Andy,
    I'm sure she will be much happier next year when you bring her in the Nova.

Nice to meet with although too briefly in the miserable weather.

Bushboy