Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Stoneleigh 2018

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Poor Mark, he's never going to live it down! I don't understand anyway, coz I remember him posting videos of him driving his Nova at a hillclimb event ... so we all know that it actually does go!!
    Alistair
    It was Dirks fault. I had to bring him some bits!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    It was Dirks fault. I had to bring him some bits!!!
    .... your Nova looks great Mark .... I look forward to meeting you and seeing your car one day!
    Alistair

I couldn't attend due to family commitments but good to see some great Nova photos in great weather.

Glad to hear everyone got there & back without too many problems.

Cheers.
    Mostin.
    “A plan is only a means of measuring where things went wrong”

Fantastic photos and video! Brilliant to see so many Nova's in one place (as well as Dirk's amazing Avante)!
    They all looked great, but I have to say that Mark's Nova looks absolutely stunning in it's racing livery!
    Cheers,

Colin

Sorry that Sue and I couldn't attend again this year. Grand-parent duties seem to take up lots of weekends.
    Looks like a great turnout. Well done to the new committee for keeping up traditions and continuing to make Club Nova at Stoneleigh a great event.

Mick and Sue
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

MicksRedNova2 may take as long as the original!!

Chairmans report

What a great Stoneleigh 2018 turned out to be. A great turn out of cars from the usual suspects and a couple of new entrants to feast our eyes on.

I don't have any different pictures to the ones that others have managed to post already.

A big THANKS to Di for again ensuring that we all had too much food to eat, even had a roast lunch for Sunday after the AGM.

What would the club do with out Ben? He turns up every year with a van full of surprises & the best one this year was a full sized Fridge/Freezer. What a stroke of last minute thinking to make sure our glorious food was kept fresh in the hottest Stoneleigh on record.

The highlight of the weekend for me was the Drive out. It put a great big smile on my face & it is the first time ever, that I have been in a convoy of Nova's.

Everyone one enjoyed the wall to wall sunshine, some a little more than others (red knees!!!). Hopefully I have not used up all my favors with the Sun Gods & we will again blessed at the next club outing on Saturday June 7th at Castle Combe.

So until next years Stoneleigh meeting, keep building & be safe.

Bushboy
    Club Chairman
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Well what can i say. what a great weekend we had. weather was amazing and the company fantastic.
    we had a fairly uneventful drive to the show, apart from my wrong turn on junction 12 of the M5 where we met ben for the rest of the drive up.
    i had an extra 3 passengers this year. i was unable to get anyone to look after my 3 dog`s this year so along they came. thanks to all for putting up with them over weekend although i must say they were fairly well behaved compaired with the way they are at home.
    thanks to all who attended this year and to the other club officials who put the time in to make the weekend as enjoyable as possible. also thanks for other club members who chipped in with the general duties over the weekend and to Di for providing excellent catering as usual and to Ellen my other half for putting many hours with me into the club membership paperwork.
    Ben, you never fail to amaze me. the stuff that materializes from the back of your van, i think we should rename it the tardis.
    a great turn out of cars this year and i particularly enjoyed the drive out to Warwick. i did get a little concerned when ben developed a rather nasty nose bleed after i had to brake heavily at an island, well thats what he reckons it was anyway thanks Ben, you do a great job for the club.
    looking forward to Castle Combe and the day after down to Powderham Castle in exeter for anther day show. if anyone would be interested in joining Ray and myself for that one please give me a shout.
    take care and see you at Castle Combe, all the best, Gary.

Buffy the Princess Pamperer

Finally got this video off my phone & onto youtube

https://youtu.be/qJSvKI0OR0o

Cheers

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Well
    I have fixed the fan belt and starter button now .....and when the princess came off the trailer, no issues with the brakes !
    But nice to know people care 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Well
    I have fixed the fan belt and starter button now .....and when the princess came off the trailer, no issues with the brakes !
    But nice to know people care 👍
    Great stuff, so you will be driving her to Castle Combe then ?