Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoneleigh 2018

Negotiations complete!

Flights booked and stoneleigh hotel booked

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Vodka View Post
    If I can fix my engine woes and plumb the fire extinguisher system I got for Christmas.

Oh and theres the lack of demisters...so we'll see ��
    Is that all !!

At least you have a sunroof to open So had to say that to wake certain people up on the forum

To my good friends, Dirk and Islandman, its all about setting a plan and covering all options.

Why does it feel like, if we three made Top Gear and you saw me broken down, you would just drive by laughing !! Joking

I have not driven my car since the hill climb in September, but it will get a shake down next year. I may add another expansion tank in the engine bay for the cooling system for ease of filling.
    Am back in the man cave building another car which I would like to take to Stones in 2019, a moto guzzi powered 3 wheeler !!

Glad you can make it Dave, you must have bought her a nice Christmas present !

Someone had pushed the "Stoneleigh Button"

I'm sure it makes time run faster. I best get in the shed . . .

Mostin.
    “A plan is only a means of measuring where things went wrong”

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    To my good friends, Dirk and Islandman, its all about setting a plan and covering all options.

Why does it feel like, if we three made Top Gear and you saw me broken down, you would just drive by laughing !! Joking
    And chuckling "he should have fitted a sunroof" Still you will not have that problem with the 3 wheeler

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post

Glad you can make it Dave, you must have bought her a nice Christmas present !
    No pressie, just good old fashioned emotional blackmail about having to miss it last year because she couldn't walk....you can imagine how that line of argument went down....

Buffy,
    Rule 1 of Stoneleigh. If it's road legal, drive it.
    Rule 2 of Stoneleigh. If it breaks down on the way, AA it to Stones & we all fix it
    Rule 3 of Stoneleigh, Read rule 1

Seriously, I too will be trailering to Stones.....the club gear in the trailer pulled by the mighty Reek!!!

People that have race horses don't even ride them, let alone ride them to the race course.

Its a bit like those than can do those that can't teach!!!!!!

If you are not man enough to drive it to stones then we are planning a short road run before the AGM for those that want to go shot gun or TRAILERED their road legal cars to stones.

See you all there.

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

I'll see if I can make it over this year. It would be great to see the old faces again, and meet the new ones.
    Mi amas mian Nova

So,
    It's only around the corner.
    So will we be breaking the record for the amount of novas parked at the club stand on Sunday ?
    Do we have a confirmed attendance list ?

It's only confirmed when they turn up, as there are always some who don't come, or break down on the way... Let's hope the weather has improved by then as wet Stoneleighs, whilst traditional, aren't that much fun!
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*