Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VHI - Vehicles of Historic Interest

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Hadn't heard that one; can you point us at the info?

Does that include if you are stopped by the police for having a faulty light etc, that you would have to have the car towed to a garage, (assuming you didn't carry a spare). Previously they issued a ticket to get it fixed and have it tested / checked at an mot garage within so many days! (or they did when I was a lad...!)

Quote Originally Posted by Alzax3 View Post
    Have you seen the new proposals that they intend to implement very soon where you won't legally be able to drive away a failed car (even a minor fail and even if you've taken the car for an early MOT?) So no repairing MOT stations will need massive car parks, or everyone will have to have full pre-tests. It really is time policy was thought about by people in the real world rather than office bound clueless numpties....
    Pre-tests or access to a recovery truck/trailer...
    They're working to force the grey area of transit from garage to MOT to garage out altogether with the black and white mindset "Fail - dangerous - illegal" and "no drive until made legal and safe".
    Its frustrating and could also force smaller garages etc out of business unless they own their own vehicle transport trailer/recovery truck, with the way the way the UK bureaucracy is trying to set things up. This is just another of those idiotic extremist systems and as frustrating as it may seem, I'm far from surprised

Quote Originally Posted by MartinB View Post

Does that include if you are stopped by the police for having a faulty light etc, that you would have to have the car towed to a garage, (assuming you didn't carry a spare). Previously they issued a ticket to get it fixed and have it tested / checked at an mot garage within so many days! (or they did when I was a lad...!)
    I've been lucky so far, they've been kind enough to advise me, and I replace asap, preferably with an existing spare.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaisa View Post
    I've been lucky so far, they've been kind enough to advise me, and I replace asap, preferably with an existing spare.
    It all depends on who stops you !

Quote Originally Posted by MartinB View Post

If you stick 'MOT changes' into Google you will find pages of it: seem to be a raft of generally ill-thought out tweaks - I'm glad my daily driver diesel doesn't have a particulate filter....
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Well my car is now road legal.

A couple of weeks ago I decided to insure my car and apply for historic road tax. The old V5c was duly handed in at my local post office to be sent of to have the taxation class changed from untaxed to Historic. Having not heard anything back I emailed the DVLA yesterday to enquire about my cars status. The reply I got back today confirmed that my application had been succesfull and my car was now taxed, but that it could take up to 4 weeks before I would get an updated V5c and for the the DVLAs website to reflect this change.

Happy days
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Woo Hoo!!!
    That's brilliant news Phill

Looking forward to seeing you and your Nova over here in St Andrews whenever you like. Tell Alison I'd love to see her again too!
    Happy days indeed!!
    Alistair

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    That is excellent news, well done
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Nice one. So I take it you are coming to Stones?

Dirk

Excellent Phil, I look forward to meeting you at Stones