Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: V5c change of Make to Nova

The DVLA website says to allow up to 4 weeks so I'm not quite there yet, but sent off an email anyway but so far no reply.
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Finally got a letter back from them today but no V5C yet. They are requesting more information including photos before and after along with a built up vehicle report!

I thought it would be more straightforward given that this is a restoration.
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    ...built up vehicle report!...
    Please elaborate?

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Finally got a letter back from them today but no V5C yet. They are requesting more information including photos before and after along with a built up vehicle report!

Hi Phill,

I've had a look on the DVLA website (I dare say you have by now too!) and the "built up vehicle report" is form V627/1. It includes a statement that "retention of vehicle registration number may be considered but only if the details prior to alteration are held at DVLA". I get the impression that the form is aimed at (simply?) trying to clarify whether or not you can retain your registration number ... or whether a Q plate is required?

The fact that you've changed the colour of your car and you bought it without an engine has perhaps prompted the "built up vehicle report" request? Hopefully you've got enough photos, receipts, etc, to satisfy them. Did the previous owner of the car ever have it registered, MOT'd and taxed at the same time ... ie road legal? Photographs of the car on the road at that time should be pretty strong evidence to support the retention of your reg number.

Hopefully you'll be able to keep your original registration number. If the DVLA wants you to go down the 'Q' route, their website states that ‘Q’ registration numbers "are issued to vehicles whose age or identity is in doubt ..... to get a ‘Q’ registration number, your vehicle has to pass a type approval process." It goes on to say that ...

"You must apply for vehicle approval if you’ve:

• built a vehicle
    • rebuilt a vehicle
    • radically altered a vehicle
    • reconstructed a classic vehicle
    • imported a vehicle
    • "

However, it also states that ....

"You don’t need vehicle approval for .... light goods vehicles (3,500kg maximum weight or less) over 10 years"

Under the 'radically altered a vehicle' category I've been looking through old posts on the Forum and am confused about whether or not lowering the floorpans is considered an alteration to the chassis, given that the floorpans (and even the front frame head) are recognised elements which can be replaced. When you bought your Nova were the floorpans already dropped, and do you have evidence?

It basically looks like you've got to assemble all the evidence you can, and hope that it's enough.

All the best,

Alistair

oh bugger

You have probably asked them to change too much in one go which is why they are asking further questions.
    Partial disclosure over time is a safer policy.
    Hope you get it sorted

Sent you a PM Phill

[QUOTE=Phill;125777]Finally got a letter back from them today but no V5C yet. They are requesting more information including photos before and after along with a built up vehicle report!

Sorry to hear this, but this was exactly why I was asking if anyone had a picture of my car when it was on the road, just in case they ask for this sort of evidence

Hopefully you have got pictures of it on the road / before you started the restoration and it all gets sorted without having to go through the Q plate route!.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Sorry to hear Phill; What a pain.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Is this because of asking for the 'make' to be changed from 'Volkswagon' to 'Nova', as I've never heard of a build report simply for declaring a change in colour or changing an engine on any car?
    What did it say before 'make = Volkswagon', 'model=beetle'?
    I'm sure mine says 'make = volkswagon', 'model = sports', which I think is what they were changed to on cars from the Elam period?
    I'm hoping that is not an issue for me in the future; I have not intended to change the 'make/model', as that is how it was when I bought it!
    I really ought to find the reg document, as I had to request the 'new red style' document, as DVLA did not send out a replacement automatically at the time, as it had been not taxed for so long...