Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: V5c change of Make to Nova

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    I would write back and explain the De luxe part, but also explain that "most" (ok maybe an exaggeration, at least I have two like that and so does Dirk) of your fellow Nova owners have the make just as "Nova" and can yours be corrected accordingly.
    Mine also has 'Nova' as the 'Make' and '2-Axle-Rigid Body Saloon' as the 'Model/Type' so that must mean there's an "overwhelming majority" of Novas registered like that!
    Alistair
    Last edited by BlueNova; 10-03-2018 at 03:50 PM.

How many times have I been looked at as mad, when I say "I have a Nova" and the other person asks "Vauxhall Nova?"... and I say "no, VW" `¬)
    ...assuming they are not American of course!

I think, (I'll have to dig it out to be sure), mine simply says 'VW Sports', is there any benefit to getting that changed?

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Thanks gents, I'm going to contact DVLA again.

Having said that, I think the benefits are somewhat esoteric:
    feel-good factor for the current owner,
    any future buyer will probably ask the if car is correctly registered with DVLA,
    possible future-proofing should the DVLA have a clamp-down,
    and as Dirk suggests, it may allow you more leeway for radical (non-VW) chassis mods.

Blog Entries
    Woop-Woop!

V5c Updated: Make=Nova.

I took Islandman's advice and made reference to the fact that the (ahem) majority of members of the Owners Club have their V5c Make set as Nova.

V5c_II.jpg

Excellent news Steve! .... Common sense prevails!
    Alistair

Nice one well done.

Dirk

Cool, well done Steve, I'm sure its a relief to get it as it should be, it certainly was for me!

So that one more V5 closer to making it the majority

Hi Steve, can you confirm exactly what evidence you supplied to support the document change? My log book states the same as yours did, but I do not have any history with the car

Quote Originally Posted by Piperphasetwo View Post
    Hi Steve, can you confirm exactly what evidence you supplied to support the document change? My log book states the same as yours did, but I do not have any history with the car
    You really don't need the history, none was supplied by me when I changed both of mine. Just a good logical explanation is required and reference to others with the same kit and their V5's saying make = Nova

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Piperphasetwo View Post

I *assumed* that DVLA would be suspicious that my car was a new-build, but pretending to be older to avoid the IVA test.
    So I sent evidence to show that it was built back in 1980 and the failure to change the Make on the V5C was an omission back then, that I was now correcting.

The evidence I sent was the first MOT Cert. from 1980, Make=V/W Nova and 12 miles on the clock, I had the first Insurance certificate with Nova as the Make, and I had the Invoice from the purchase of the Kit in 1979 from Nova Cars, made out to the person who first built/registered the vehicle.
    I.e. a strong case that the Car had been a Nova since it was first registered in 1980.

That got a result in my case, however I note Dave's response that evidence isn't required an all cases, perhaps a reasonable-sounding explanation would have worked for me as well?