Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 61

Thread: V5c change of Make to Nova

  1. #41
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    613
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Piperphasetwo View Post
    Sorry to hear this, but this was exactly why I was asking if anyone had a picture of my car when it was on the road, just in case they ask for this sort of evidence

    Hopefully you have got pictures of it on the road / before you started the restoration and it all gets sorted without having to go through the Q plate route!.

    How are things with your evidence gathering?
    I assume you didn't get a response from your PM to the previous owner(s)?

    Are there any Club Nova records or Old Club Nova newsletters which might mention your car?
    There was a hardcopy Club membership list produced on a few occasions (1980s) but I'm not sure if it included Reg Nos.

  2. #42
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    613
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Finally got a letter back from them today but no V5C yet. They are requesting more information including photos before and after along with a built up vehicle report!

    I thought it would be more straightforward given that this is a restoration.
    Hi Phill,
    Does your V5C have the Note:
    REBUILT - ASSEMBLED FROM PARTS SOME OR ALL OF WHICH WERE NOT NEW.

    I am wondering why you got hit and I escaped. I have that Note, which in my opinion indicates to DVLA that the car is a 'Special'

    I take Buffy's point about flying under DVLA radar by submitting incremental V5C updates, maybe your multiple changes set the alarm bells off.

    LogBookSegment.jpg

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Hi Phill,
    Does your V5C have the Note:
    REBUILT - ASSEMBLED FROM PARTS SOME OR ALL OF WHICH WERE NOT NEW.
    Yes - My old V5c said this. I suspect (as has been suggested) that the fact I asked to register a colour change, change of engine, and change of name from VW Sports to Nova has triggered the requirement for additional information. However, I do have photos showing the car as it was prior to carrying out the restoration work so It should be easy to demonstrate that the car has been restored and not cloned which I suspect may be the reason for the additional interest.
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

    http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns


  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Near Eastbourne
    Posts
    558
    It might be easier if you set the photo's in a comic strip equivalent of the restoration process, with VERY CLEAR information to show its the same vehicle...
    Last edited by Gaisa; 13-04-2018 at 09:00 PM.

  5. #45
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    613
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Yes - My old V5c said this. I suspect (as has been suggested) that the fact I asked to register a colour change, change of engine, and change of name from VW Sports to Nova has triggered the requirement for additional information. However, I do have photos showing the car as it was prior to carrying out the restoration work so It should be easy to demonstrate that the car has been restored and not cloned which I suspect may be the reason for the additional interest.
    So much for my theory that the Special Note: "REBUILT FROM PARTS [...]" gives you the benefit of the doubt with DVLA when submitting V5 Changes....

    As you suggest, you have evidence, you are not doing anything dodgy, it's a pain but you will get past this.

  6. #46
    Moral of the story, drip feed updates and changes to V5's, don't do them all in one go

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Moral of the story, drip feed updates and changes to V5's, don't do them all in one go
    I think that may help, but when a request for a name change goes in I think it will always prompt either a request for inspection, or correct form.

    I went through the form process for the Buggy and now have a V5 correctly stating Volkswagen beach buggy.

    Just be sure to include as much detail as possible for the form, and a summary letter may assist.
    All the best,

    Jim

    Club Nova Member, SDBC Member, GRRC Member, Southern Classics



    Read more about latest Nova developments in Complete Kit Car

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    How are things with your evidence gathering?
    I assume you didn't get a response from your PM to the previous owner(s)?

    Are there any Club Nova records or Old Club Nova newsletters which might mention your car?
    There was a hardcopy Club membership list produced on a few occasions (1980s) but I'm not sure if it included Reg Nos.
    Hi Steve,

    Badwolf replied and confirmed that he had not been given anything when he collected the car. No response from Cainthomas .... yet!

    Regards,

    John

  9. #49
    I still haven't received my V5C document back yet, but I am pleased to report as of today it appears to have now been updated. I have been checking online every day by entering the cars reg no. here:-
    https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk
    Up until yesterday it still showed up as VW Sports, Red and 1600cc, whereas today it says Nova, Blue and 1285cc so it would appear all the changes I have asked for have been recorded and I expect the V5C is probably in the post
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

    http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns


  10. #50
    Senior Member BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    705
    That sounds very positive Phill ... hopefully you'll be street legal by the time I pop over for that visit.

    In fact you might be street legal in time for Stones, but that would be just a bit too far for your first long distance trip!! ... unless you take a leaf out of Buffy's book and pop her onto a trailer for the trip?

    Looking forward to seeing you soon!

    Alistair

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •