Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Important! Please read

It would be nice to think that a bit of common sense could be applied, but from most previous experience, I don't hold a lot of hope! Glad you've had your say, if we'd done absolutely nothing we'd have no right to grumble afterwards.....
    It's a 50 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Thanks Alistair.

And you're spot on Alex!
    I may not currently own a nova, but I DO plan on getting one in the future and if I end up going the same way you MG-Nova guys are, I can see the additional complications the idiot... uh.. bureaucrats create make innovative projects get sucked down the drain, all because of a lack of imagination

Amazingly our inept-powers-that-be seem to have listened to reason! Here's a link to their response document: http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/lic...malised-542554 (well it's a link to the rodsnsods forum, the PDF link is in the first post on that page.

I haven't ploughed through it all (and most of it won't affect us overly anyway) but the descision seems to be not to alter the situation for kit cars - for the obvious reasons that we stated - so well done to everyone who made the effort to respond!
    It's a 50 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

That's excellent news Alex! It must be a huge sigh of relief for you, Mick, Ed and any others going down the new chassis route. It just shows that even when you think the odds are against you, it's still worth standing up for what you believe is reasonable. The link to the government's Web page on this can be found here ......

https://www.gov.uk/government/consul...ity-and-safety

Alistair

Wow!
    I'm surprised they listened, glad they did though

No excuses now for not getting the car ready for Stones next year

Dirk