Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Windscreen

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    I have heard back from Autoglass:
    Price below for Nova Screen (Green tint with a blue banding).

Supply+Fit £836.85 + VAT
    Supply Only £645.11 + VAT

Lead time 8-10 Weeks.
    wOw ...and no discount given on that I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post

I *believe* the screen with the banding was a one-off special.

Nope - Lauren went to the trouble of getting this set up with Pilkington - it is now a standard option. They can silk screen print as part of the prep process prior to final assembly, so it is a factory finish.

I do understand this is a high cost item, but to be clear I believe whoever you go to will source from the specials team at Pilkingtns they hold the templates. Lead time will not shift much as they have a long list to produce always.
    All the best,

Jim

Club Nova Member, SDBC Member, GRRC Member, Southern Classics

Read more about latest Nova developments in Complete Kit Car

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Absolutely agree Jim - I would also add that the Nova screen, because of the angle of rake is one of the largest car windscreens you can get, and as we all know was designed specifically for the Nova. In my view it is not the screen that is expensive, but the rest of the car that is cheap - with the exception of a decent set of alloys the screen is the only big ticket item in the whole build!

Now compare the cost of preparing a decent Nova with the cost of getting a GT40, Countach or Ultima on the road - the cost of the screen soon becomes insignificant...

As the old adage says, you pays your money and takes your choice
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post
    Absolutely agree Jim - I would also add that the Nova screen, because of the angle of rake is one of the largest car windscreens you can get, and as we all know was designed specifically for the Nova.
    A good point - at the Pilkington site they have the cutting templates all lined up together and it is interesting to see the trend of screens getting bigger through the years. The Nova screen templates did stand out against others of the era.
    All the best,

Jim

Club Nova Member, SDBC Member, GRRC Member, Southern Classics

Read more about latest Nova developments in Complete Kit Car

Blog Entries
    UPDATE: A brief discussion with Pilkington today regarding a 'group buy' of Windscreens.

If we are in a position to order a Batch of 5 Nova Screens, we'd likely be offered a 'modest' discount.
    An order of 10 Windscreens would receive a larger discount.

Conditions:
    All Screens must be the same in terms of: Tint, Visor, obscuration banding. - i.e. everybody gets the same screen.
    Pilkington want a single contact person to Liaise with on our side, and single delivery address for all screens in the batch.
    Normal Payment terms & Lead times (8-10 weeks) apply.

A further update to follow with some harder £numbers.

i Need one so you can count me in
    Would prefer clear with black banding
    Not in a hurry as itís going to be a while before itís on the road

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PILKINGTONS View Post
    Hi Steve
    As discussed I can look at something for you but in general as were made to order we don’t actually gain anything in production as you would usually on bulk pricing.

You are correct BZ is Bronze
    GN- Green
    CL – Clear
    BL – Blue

If you have 2 tints like this GNGN it refers to glass tint and shadeband so it would indicate Green glass with a green shadeband in this case.

pilk.jpg

The BZ1B is missing off the list below dot worry it exists just missing from our parts transfer you can still order ill have the listing updated.

If you can confirm your total order qty ill see what I can offer commercially.

thanks
    DB Extract pasted in here for ease of viewing:

HT - Classics Code Eurocode (ARGIC) Make Main Tint Colour Top Tint/ShadeBand Obscuration Band Price £
    A0573 GNBL 9886AGNBL NOVA (FI) Green Blue 857.92
    A0573 CL 9886ACL NOVA (FI) none (Clear) 839.95
    A0573 BZ 9886ABZ NOVA (FI) Bronze 840.04
    A0573 BZBL 9886ABZBL NOVA (FI) Bronze Blue 889.40
    A0573 BZBZ 9886ABZBZ NOVA (FI) Bronze Bronze 889.40
    A0573 GN 9886AGN NOVA (FI) Green 844.48
    A0573 CLGN 9886ACLGN NOVA (FI) none (Clear) Green 856.09
    A0573 GNGN 9886AGNGN NOVA (FI) Green Green 857.92
    A0573 GN1B 9886AGN1B NOVA (FI) Green Yes 909.71
    A0573 BZ1B 9886ABZ1B NOVA (FI) Bronze Yes 909.71

This above is from Pilkington's database indicating what styles of Windscreen are available for the Nova.
    In *addition* to what is listed above, we can add a 1B to all the above styles,
    e.g. for the Screen 9886AGNBL (Green Tint, Blue Shadeband) we can add 1B (Obscuration Band) to get a screen with everything.

The group-buy is still on;
    Pilkington are expecting us to come back with the number of Screens we require as a Club,
    then they'll give us a price.
    As stated earlier, we will get a better price if we all opt for the same model of screen,
    anyway that will come out in the wash as people choose their preferred screen, there may be some wiggle room here.

So we'll keep this open for a while, if you want to participate in the group-buy, please respond with your preferred Screen, I note that Paul has already done that, can the guys that expressed an interest earlier please respond with their preferred screen, or even 1st/2nd choice if you'd prefer.

Prices above exclude VAT.
    Last edited by steve; 16-04-2018 at 08:27 PM. Reason: VAT

I'm up for two screens- prefer clear with black bordering as for Paul.

No real hurry as still lots to do (but better spend hard-earned that I'm saving for the screens this year before it is 're-allocated' on something far more mundane ...........

Cheers,

Colin

Blog Entries
    My Preferred screen is: BZ1B - Bronze tint, with Obscuration band.

As a 2nd choice, I'd be happy with either:
    CL1B - Clear with Obscuration band.
    BZ
    - Bronze tint only (No Shadeband, No Obscuration band).

Depending on price, I may also purchase 2 screens.