Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Windscreen

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzax3 View Post
    I still have the mould..... if you only want the nostril area that wouldn't be too difficult!
    Hi Alex,

Could you possibly make me a couple of 'nostrils'? Roughly how much would you want for them? PM me if you'd prefer not to broadcast this.

Many thanks, Alistair

I still have the mould..... if you only want the nostril area that wouldn't be too difficult!
    I'm thinking maybe it would be best to provide a nostril area Mould that could be applied to the bonnet once a couple of holes had been cut in. Then the nostrils area could be moulded in situ to blend in with the bonnet? (Then after Alistairs used it maybe I could borrow it)
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    wouldn't making the whole bonnet be easier / better than grafting in to a different bonnet - maybe not easier but wouldn't it give a better result?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Hi Alex,

Could you possibly make me a couple of 'nostrils'? Roughly how much would you want for them? PM me if you'd prefer not to broadcast this.

Many thanks, Alistair
    Would you want them as two seperate nostrils or a joined panel?
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    I'm thinking maybe it would be best to provide a nostril area Mould that could be applied to the bonnet once a couple of holes had been cut in. Then the nostrils area could be moulded in situ to blend in with the bonnet? (Then after Alistairs used it maybe I could borrow it)
    Could do, would mean laying-up that area then taking amould from it....
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Quote Originally Posted by MartinB View Post
    wouldn't making the whole bonnet be easier / better than grafting in to a different bonnet - maybe not easier but wouldn't it give a better result?
    Yes it would Martin, but Phill and I live way up north in Scotland where Mk1 bonnets are rarer than haggis's teeth, so we're open to other methods.

There's no rush though, so who knows, maybe a Mk1 bonnet (or hopefully 2!) will emerge close to us eventually.

Alistair

Would you want them as two seperate nostrils or a joined panel?
    Hi Alex,

I think a joined panel would make more sense, so that the orientation and spacing of the nostrils would be correct, but would be happy to go with whatever's easiest for you.

Phill's idea of a nostril area mould might be a better way forward, but I'm not an expert in making sections out of fibreglass & gel coat. What do you (and any others with this experience) think would be the best way forward?

I see that Dirk reversed his nostrils (Newark 2010) Attachment 2861 and of course Lauren's are reversed too. I'd be interested to know how they went about grafting them back in and whether they're happy with the finish they achieved.

Cheers, Alistair

(PS Maybe we should move this discussion into another thread, but I'm not sure how to do that. ... sorry for hijacking!)
    Last edited by BlueNova; 24-09-2018 at 08:42 PM.

For ease of just painting & fitting it have a Nostrelled bonnet made. There is a lot less work, itching, missalignment etc making a full bonnet then there is making a section & then glassing it into your Mk2 bonnet.

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Back in the day I made a few fibreglass moulds and canoes. It's not that difficult, very satisfying, but fu..lipping messy. I used to get the materials from a company called Glasplies via exchange and mart but I see they are on line now and offer a range of Kits and books.

This book should explain everything you need to know:- https://www.fibreglassdirect.co.uk/t...h-warring.html

And a 2M sq. universal kit should give you more than enough materials to midify a couple of bonnnets:-
    https://www.fibreglassdirect.co.uk/u...s-grp-kit.html

But don't forget to buy release agent and acetone to clean up afterwards which is also available on their website:-

https://www.fibreglassdirect.co.uk/a...e-monomer.html

https://www.fibreglassdirect.co.uk/fibreglass-mould-making-supplies/release-agents.html
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Hi Colin, Paul, Mario,
    The email below was sent to Pilkington this evening, I will follow-up with a call in the next couple of days:

Quote Originally Posted by Email sent to Pilkingtons ...
    Hi Nick,
    This is Steve McElhinney from the Nova Owners Club.
    We spoke earlier in the year regarding a the purchase of a job-lot of Nova Windscreens.

As a club we want to purchase 5 screens.
    The screen we are looking at is A0573 CL1B - Clear screen, with obscuration border, no shadeband.

One screen to be shipped to Milan, Italy,
    One to London
    One to Leeds
    TWO to North Yorkshire - Address details to follow.

I understand we need to make a single payment in advance to proceed with the order,
    can you give me a price for the 5 screens, and the respective costs for delivery please?

Regards,
    Steve