Hi Steve,

I'm wishing to buy two screens.

Preference for both is;

1. Clear with black band
    2. Clear

Cheers,

Colin

windscreen

Hi Steve. In my post inside "Welcome", i described my project of car rebuilding. The actual winter kit has a not perfect windscreen so, not in a hurry, i need to buy a new one. i know that Nova windscreen is not perfectly the same of my italian Puma, but i know also that it is possible to make a little cut to fit.
    So please consider in your list needing 5 windscreens that i ll buy one, to send to Italy.
    i know that, to obtain better discount, the 5 windscreens must have same type and colour, so consider
    that for me it will be ok to buy the same type and colour that the purchase group will decide. Thank you!!

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Hi Mario,
    That's great - thanks and welcome to the forum.

It looks like the prefered choice is a clear screen with black obscuration band
    (i.e. a black band around the edge of the screen to hide the sealant/glue).

Paul Slade x1
    Madscientist x2
    Mario x1
    Steve x1 (or maybe 2 depending on the discount on offer).

The group-buy will stay open until the end of the month at least.

At this stage please put your name forward if you are interested;
    there is no commitment until we get a price from Pilkington.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post
    Very NOT road legal in the UK I'm sorry to say. Although there were a couple of 1960s specials that used a plastic screen (Heron Europa comes to mind) which might be able to get away with it, assuming any survive.

When I was getting my screen made Pilkington told me that part of the cost is due to the size of the Nova screen, which was too large to fit into their standard car oven and has to be cooked in their commercial vehicle oven instead.

Companies like Autoglass will only be able to offer discounts against a bulk purchase, and I very much doubt that they hold stocks of 10 or more Nova windscreens now, unlike in the past - the demand is just not there. Many modern car windscreens cost at least as much as the Nova screen and no doubt contribute the high purchase price of these cars. It's all very well wanting to get top dollar for your cars when you sell, but that price reflects the cost of the parts, like the windscreen (and a decent respray, which can cost upwards of £4000 these days...)

Lauren
    The sum of the parts can be crazy, I just did a repair on a 9,900€ buggy and the radiator alone was 400€, a seat was 666.33€.
    Unfortunately all the parts in a kit car always comes to more than possible sale price and that's without labour! They want 450 for a plastic screen and that's just a flat sheet with four clamps.

I remember back in 1965 when I was working at Lambretta UK in Croydon we added up all the prices in the parts book for a TV200, new price just under 300 pounds and it was over 2 grand!
    Last edited by Peter; 18-09-2018 at 01:15 PM.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

windscreen

thank you Steve, i confirm my interest, courious to know the net price, as you have reached number
    5 windscreen. If possible, i'd like to know also their transportation cost to Italy and if exists assurance
    that the windscreen wont arrive broken.....

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Hi Dirk,
    At the rate you are progressing with your current build,
    you'll probably be needing some Windscreens for that flotilla of Nova bodyshells sat in your garden?

Shall I put you down for 2 screens, or shall we make it 3?

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Hi Dirk,
    At the rate you are progressing with your current build,
    you'll probably be needing some Windscreens for that flotilla of Nova bodyshells sat in your garden?

Shall I put you down for 2 screens, or shall we make it 3?
    Sorry I have 2 screens squirrelled away, and I only have plans to do one Nova. Nice try though.

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    Sorry I have 2 screens squirrelled away, and I only have plans to do one Nova. Nice try though.

Dirk
    Hi Dirk,

You wouldn't happen to have a spare Mk1 bonnet squirrelled away in that fabulous garage too would you?

I'm not in any rush because I'm a long way off tinkering with the nice bits, but I'm always on the look out for a Mk1 bonnet (or at least the 'nostrils' that could be grafted into my existing bonnet).

I was in touch with Jim about his spare one, but it's in pretty poor condition.

Cheers, Alistair

I still have the mould..... if you only want the nostril area that wouldn't be too difficult!
    It's a 50 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*