Thread: Basic CAD drawing

Basic CAD drawing

I got a niffty software program at work today that converts PDF to DWG, so obviously the first thing I converted was one of the drawings of the Nova

This is after a bit of tidying and still needs a bit more work, I also coverted the drawing that shows the 3 sides with dimensions the original that I had wasn't very good so the CAD version will need a lot more work. Ill send Dan the files to put in the download section if anyone is interested.

Dirk

That looks cool!

Can the files be used to produce 3D models of the Nova?

Cheers,

Colin

The three-side views definitely can't, they don't match up at all..... is it a stand-alone program Dirk or an add-on to a CAD package?
    It's a 50 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Quote Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
    That looks cool!

Can the files be used to produce 3D models of the Nova?

Cheers,

Colin
    No unfortunately its just 2D

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by Alzax3 View Post
    The three-side views definitely can't, they don't match up at all..... is it a stand-alone program Dirk or an add-on to a CAD package?
    Its a standalone program, it works almost perfect with the sort of thing I use at work floor plans and the like it was a bit iffy with the curves and circles on the Nova but I think a lot of that was to do with the shading on the PDF drawing I used.

Dirk