Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Christmas could come early for someone

Christmas could come early for someone

I got an email via my Nova Website about a Nova on a beetle chassis (unregistered ) being up for sale (with a WINDSCREEN!)

let the bidding begin

https://www.copart.co.uk/lot/29495618

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    I got an email via my Nova Website about a Nova on a beetle chassis (unregistered ) being up for sale (with a WINDSCREEN!)

let the bidding begin

https://www.copart.co.uk/lot/29495618
    Nice find. I think it is registered YPX4***
    I reckon it will go cheap, might be a nice pickup for someone.
    No mention of the other body parts ...?
    The side pocket cut outs are square, does that mean Mk4 ?

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    I see it's in Whitburn .... which is only about 6 miles from Phill !! However I'm sure he'll want to focus on getting his current Nova on the road just now.

The Auction place is just a couple of miles from me. Think I'll take a drive around at the weekend to see it.
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    The Auction place is just a couple of miles from me. Think I'll take a drive around at the weekend to see it.
    Be very careful Phill .... if you get tempted, how would your Mrs react to having 3 Novas in the driveway? I know how mine would react!! .....

Alistair

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Its a cat B write off definition of which is

Body shell should be crushed. Signifies extensive damage, although some parts are salvageable. Should never re-appear on road, although reclaimed parts can be used in other road-going vehicles.

If you want a windscreen or a body it might be what you are looking for but if you want to put it back on the road using the V5 you may have a job.

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    Its a cat B write off definition of which is

Body shell should be crushed. Signifies extensive damage, although some parts are salvageable. Should never re-appear on road, although reclaimed parts can be used in other road-going vehicles.

If you want a windscreen or a body it might be what you are looking for but if you want to put it back on the road using the V5 you may have a job.

Dirk
    We-ell, it does appear to be the remnants of someone's unfinished project, where they or someone related to them gave up and scrapped it... Since its located in a scrap yard, that isn't much of a surprise...
    What there is of the body appears to be in fair condition and the wax markings indicate as such too, not sure what the last image is all about, so, I'm unsure of whether the chassis could be saved if its listed as a write off, I don't know enough about that part of the scrappage and declarations stuff to have a say.
    Unless someone's willing to take up the project, I'm sad to say it looks like an incomplete collection of spare parts to me
    Ironically, if the price was sensible and timing meshed, I would have thought Mick would have considered this as a viable replacement for old red's shell

Quote Originally Posted by Gaisa View Post
    Ironically, if the price was sensible and timing meshed, I would have thought Mick would have considered this as a viable replacement for old red's shell
    I agree with your sentiments about spare parts Gaisa. In light of current discussions on the Forum if someone bought it just for a body (or a windscreen) then they could sell the windscreen (or the body) to someone else on the Forum.

There's not much time left but if 2 such folk could get together to agree what they would be prepared to bid, there could be 2 happy customers at the end of it!

Best of luck folks!

Alistair

Well I drove around to the compound where the car is being held in the hope of getting a closer look. Unfortunately the place was closed at the weekend and I was unable to even see the car from the perimeter fence.

It's a tempting buy for someone. Intact screen, and the engine must be worth something too. Given how close it is to me, I'm tempted to put in a cheeky bid to add to my stable of Novas...but worried what Alison would say
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Go for it Phill .... I find it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to seek permission

Alistair