Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Christmas could come early for someone

Well it's only on £80 at the moment, so you've quite a scope for being cheeky..... I would want to look closely at the canopy if I was after it for the screen - as the safest way of using a second hand one would be to swap the canopy complete. (Unless you really enjoy the thrilling prospect of working round the screen trying to unbond it without breaking it!)
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    What is the bake bean can for that is cable tied to the left hand ducting pipe on the engine photo?

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    What is the bake bean can for that is cable tied to the left hand ducting pipe on the engine photo?

Dirk
    Looks like a temporary fuel feed to the fuel pump and then engine..
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    I see the Nova didn't sell and is back on for next Monday's auction. It's a long time since I was at an auction .... does anyone know if it's possible to find out any reserve price in advance? The only online bid I saw was £80 but I don't know if it went any higher at the auction.

I watched the auction online and apart from the pre-auction opening bid of £80 there was no other bids.

So another chance to buy it next week,...
    I keep thinking about that screen, the engine, and those lovely body panels....
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    I watched the auction online and apart from the pre-auction opening bid of £80 there was no other bids.

So another chance to buy it next week,...
    I keep thinking about that screen, the engine, and those lovely body panels....
    I agree Phill, and with several looking for a windscreen it seems like a great opportunity. Alex made a good point about looking closely at the canopy since the safest way of using a second hand one would be to swap the canopy complete to avoid the risk of breaking the screen by removing it.

It's tempting to consider the pair of us going 'halfers' to try to get it, and then selling bits to others on the Forum, but there are also the costs of moving it from the auction and then the BIG QUESTION of where it could be stored? (BTW I've just spoken to Valerie, and she said there could be a divorce if it came here!!)

I'm guessing Alison might be of a similar view? However, if she's not, then I'd be happy to have a go with you as a partner at next week's auction.

Alistair

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    I see the Nova didn't sell and is back on for next Monday's auction. It's a long time since I was at an auction .... does anyone know if it's possible to find out any reserve price in advance? The only online bid I saw was £80 but I don't know if it went any higher at the auction.
    If you look at the sales status. On approval (click the question mark) it says that the car will not be sold until the seller approves the price. This to me is not really what an auction should be if you have a minimum price then start at that or state it as a reserve, not just refuse to sell it if it does not reach a certain price.

Dirk

Come on Dirk, come clean it was your bid right?

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Come on Dirk, come clean it was your bid right?
    The wife would kill me, I'm not sure how I have gotten away with the 3 I have got, although the last one did mean I had to conceded to another puppy.

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    The wife would kill me, I'm not sure how I have gotten away with the 3 I have got, although the last one did mean I had to conceded to another puppy.

Dirk
    Hahaha ... at least she negotiated. My wife said there would be a divorce!!