Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Christmas could come early for someone

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    I was just wondering if anyone was interested putting in joint bid (i.e. working together) for this?

Who need what bits?

I can temporarily store the body, e.g. 0-6 months until it finds the right home.
    Pretty sure someone with take the canopy if the screen is ok.

BUT for the plan to be viable for me, we'll need to split the body from the chassis up in Scotland, i.e. bring your WD40 + Socket set.
    I can't transport the entire car down south, just the body/canopy.

You up for it, or what?
    Last edited by steve; 20-04-2018 at 06:25 PM.

I'd love to, although I don't have the money to improve on it any time soon, nor the space

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone was interested putting in joint bid (i.e. working together) for this?

Who need what bits?

I can temporarily store the body, e.g. 0-6 months until it finds the right home.
    Pretty sure someone with take the canopy if the screen is ok.

BUT for the plan to be viable for me, we'll need to split the body from the chassis up in Scotland, i.e. bring your WD40 + Socket set.
    I can't transport the entire car down south, just the body/canopy.

You up for it, or what?
    Steve,

I thought about it with Phill since we're both in Scotland. However, there's nothing at all on the car that I need. Phill's Nova's almost on the road but he's already got another body at the side of his house, much to his wife's disgust!

If the bonnet had been a Mk1 I'd be interested, but sadly it's not.

If I can help in any way let me know, but I'm afraid I'm not allowed to provide any storage

Cheers, Alistair

I see someone's interested ... it's now got a bid of £80

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Hi Alistair,
    No problem, I appreciate the response.
    I don't want anything *specific* from it either, which is why I'm not willing to take it on single-handed.

I'll take a day off work to help someone dismantle it, e.g. if someone wants the engine, screen, canopy, gbox or other parts.
    As I said, I can offer short-term storage for the body (which I will use temporarily as a mould) or deliver it to someone who can store it long term?

The question is, are there enough people who want parts from this vehicle and are willing to get involved in this caper?
    I'm still open to offers if anyone is listening, but to be viable, a significant team effort from interested parties is needed here.

All this assumes we can purchase this car for a reasonable sum, it looks like the owner has the figure of GBP 1k in his head looking at the advert...

It also states that it can only be bought by someone with the correct recycling licenses. The only way of buying it if you don’t have these is using their service which they place bids for you. They then transport it to their other site in Scotland where they allow you to take the pieces you require off, and then they crush the remaining items. Dismantling has to be done by appointment at their other site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Under those circumstances the 'car' is the chassis (or its number) which has been scrapped - so basically everything else can be recovered - and the screen is the most valuable part if it is in good condition. So it just depends what it can be bought for really.... Though in my head, with the limits they've imposed, I would have thought that no more than £500 would be about right - And they'd have to undertake not to damage the screen transporting it to the other site.
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Guys, the auction took place today. Yesterday there was a bid of £80, but I don't know if there were any more bids after that. The website currently says "Lot no longer exists" so either someone's got it or it's been withdrawn. I've had a look through all the Cat B breakers at Whitburn to see if it's been relisted under another lot number but it's not there.
    Alistair