Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AT Last...i Think i have finally found a NOVA ;O) ;0) ;O)

Congrats, what are the specs?

Well done! Looks great and much patience rewarded at last!
    Cheers,
    Colin

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glasgowgolfer View Post
    Good things come to those who wait. ...I shud know lol 😂

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Dave, it looks great ... and if the bonnet and rear is anything to go by, it looks like a Mk1. Oh, how I'd love a Mk1 bonnet and front valance on mine. Looking forward to meeting up sometime to see each others Novas.
    I bet you can't sleep at night with excitement!
    Alistair

I want the car sauce, specs, interior shots, engine bays shots and what you plan to do with her in the future.

I'm sure it will be an exciting build.
    Current cars -
    Nova
    MGB GT 1974
    Austin Mini 1973 (79 plate)
    Triumph Stag 1976
    Triumph Dolomite (in the works)
    Honda CRV 2016

Heyyyyyy.....

Guys
    Massive apologies for the rather late update
    Factory Built in 1980 , V5 states Nova
    I Put an ad in a big VW Bug site saying i was looking for a Nova.....guy had bought 1 for his wife and stuck it in Garage to rebuild it for her 1 day.......2 years later he decides to get rid, he remembers taking a note of my number....gave me a call....unfortunately it wasn't running or even completed ;o( ....my wish list was registered as Nova on V5 :O) ...Tax Exempt ( Running/complete ;o( any colour except black ;o( (think i will have it wrapped as painting expensive)
    1 out of 4... ;o( but after waiting all these years i thought i had to take a chance.....
    unfortunately it was also dawn saff....in Englandshire.....nightmare...so i put out a shout to see if anyone with some Nova/Elec/Eng/savy fancied making some money and receiving good Karma by saving another Nova....Fortunately Bushboy came to my rescue...he had a trailer, space in his garage...and had the knowledge, Tools, savy, to rebuild her ;o) ...ontop of this he lived quite close to where she was.

Unfortunately a few things have came up for Bushboy that has set back the build, also it wasnt quite a straightforward bolt her back together job, He has had to rewire her, fit new lights, (i opted for the round lights fitted to jeeps with the halo driving lights and halo indicators built into the led (id love the same lights as spacenut..they are awesome but think they where difficult to source...also changed back lights to round progressive lights, engine isn't great but he's had it running, also gonna go for electric acctuators rather than a pump to lift canopy , for more details and photos have a look @ bushboys golfcart posts ....so all going well she will be ready for start of April
    would have loved a Running car that only needed tidy up but few and far between....there is a member on here who i have hassled a few times lol....if selling please pick me...but he is a diehard Nova dude who always says he loves her too much.....
    cheers
    Dave

Kent region

Hi mate
    yes

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glasgowgolfer View Post
    I'd love the same lights as spacenut..they are awesome but think they where difficult to source...
    Hi Dave - not so much difficult to source, I built them myself. Hella H7 projectors firing through chrome trim rings cut down from the broken Cibie Airport driving lamps originally fitted in the nose... foamex inserts painted silver, 47 LED matrix indicators with Land Rover reversing lamp lens cut in half... and a pair of Cibie Airport lens/reflector units as main beams, with 6W sidelight fittings drilled into the reflectors... Oh, and the factory headlight buckets were cut out and new, wider buckets fabricated in fibreglass and aluminium.

OK, you're right, they were difficult to source

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post
    Hi Dave - not so much difficult to source, I built them myself. Hella H7 projectors firing through chrome trim rings cut down from the broken Cibie Airport driving lamps originally fitted in the nose... foamex inserts painted silver, 47 LED matrix indicators with Land Rover reversing lamp lens cut in half... and a pair of Cibie Airport lens/reflector units as main beams, with 6W sidelight fittings drilled into the reflectors... Oh, and the factory headlight buckets were cut out and new, wider buckets fabricated in fibreglass and aluminium.

OK, you're right, they were difficult to source

Lauren
    Lol you had me with hello ......that just sounded so much work Lauren , they do look awesome tho, as does your Nova..looks the dogs in Lime Green but unfortunately in Glasgow a green car can get vandalised just for being green if you know what I mean lol......