Thread: My Second Nova - The Scooby Nova Lives

My Second Nova - The Scooby Nova Lives

Well I had planned to get the Scooby Nova running before the show but the weather was so bad I didn’t venture to the garage much. So after the show with fresh enthusiasm due to the nice weather I collected the Scooby Nova from the garage and proceeded to attach the “Dieted” wiring loom that I stripped all unnecessary circuits out of whilst in Singapore.

Given the engine is from a more modern car you need the steering column and dash with the various immobiliser circuits for it to work. This is what is looked like with everything laid out.

And this is what happened when I tried to start it, and first time too! I didn’t let it run for long as I haven’t connected up the coolant system up.

https://youtu.be/xDDrzTaQnSc
    Last edited by islandman; 09-05-2018 at 05:46 PM.

Well done David!

Even after its 'diet' the Scooby wiring looks a lot more comlicated than a VW Beetle's!

You must really be enjoying your trip over here for Stones and then getting the Scooby Nova running. I'm looking forward to seeing more progress next time you're back.

All the best, Alistair

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    I was just looking at the nice trailer !!

Well done mate, that must have brought a massive smile to your face hearing it burst into life.
    You are going to want to stay longer now !!

Blog Entries
    Well done, great work.
    Wiring those ECU sensors must have been fun ;-)

What a result. Is there nothing you can't achieve for your Nova's while in Singapore? First the long distant dash board, long distant side mirrors & now a long distant wiring loom

You are a brave man, I would have gone after market, but kudos to you.

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Nice one, I bet you where well pleased with that. Before you go home I expect to see it being driven on the drive ( perhaps your passport could get stolen then you would have to stay a bit longer)

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    I was just looking at the nice trailer !!

Well done mate, that must have brought a massive smile to your face hearing it burst into life.
    I thought you may like the trailer …LOL
    Yes when it fired into life the first time I was ecstatic, especially as if it didn’t I wouldn’t have even known where to start trouble shooting
    Quote Originally Posted by bushboy View Post
    [IMG]file:///C:\Users\DAVIDS~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\ 01\clip_image001.gif[/IMG]

What a result. Is there nothing you can't achieve for your Nova's while in Singapore? First the long distant dash board, long distant side mirrors & now a long distant wiring loom[IMG]file:///C:\Users\DAVIDS~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\ 01\clip_image003.png[/IMG]
    Well this was the first part of the loom changes, stripping out unnecessary circuits , it will be flying back with me to Singapore for 2nd stage chop and restructure….. fingers crossed on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    Nice one, I bet you where well pleased with that. Before you go home I expect to see it being driven on the drive ( perhaps your passport could get stolen then you would have to stay a bit longer)

Dirk
    Haha…yes I did actually give that some serious consideration as I wanted to try to drive it up the driveway. But then the fact I don’t have any brakes or clutch reservoirs fitted put pay to that idea.

Great result

It's always a good feeling if something turns out when your a bit out your comfort zone doing something new.

Nice work Dave.

Cheers.
    Mostin.
    “A plan is only a means of measuring where things went wrong”

Great result! Don''t envy you having to sort that mass of wiring.

With the dash and steering column at the back of the car, is this going to be a 'reverse' project and drive like the Captain Scarlet SPV? (Spectrum Pursuit Vehicle) https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/featur...rson-vehicles/ (if you ever watched that many years ago!)