Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Combe Sat 7th July 2018

Castle Combe Sat 7th July 2018

The next official club meeting will be at Castle Combe on Saturday 7th July for their Summer Action Day.

I have registered the Clubs attendance and will be receiving a number of free passes for Club Nova members. Club Members will also be advised of the Club Discount Code to purchase track time and additional passes at a reduced rate. An email has been sent to all registered members.

Forum members are welcome to join us on the day where we will encourage you to join the club. When you do, this year, you will receive a free club T-shirt & Mug. Most kit car insurers offer a discount for club members and this will cover your membership fee!

I believe that camping is available for the Friday night but at present I do not have any details if this is true, how to book it or how much it is. When I do I will post it here.

Stay tuned

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

UP DATE,

I was informed today by Paris from Castle Combe that there are NO free club passes this year

So if you wish to attend then time to follow the instructions below. I have said that we may have up to 15 cars on our plot. If we don't get at least 4 cars before the closing date then we will not have a plot.

I have emailed all club members that I have an address for.

THe email body from Paris is below

Good Afternoon

This is just a reminder to those who are attending Summer Action Festival as a club!
    At the moment we can see there has been no club passes purchased under your club name.
    You have until 11th JUNE to purchase any club passes for this event.
    These can be purchased through the Summer Action Festival website: http://summeractionfestival.com/club-bookings/

If you are no longer wanting to attend then please could you let me know.

See you on the 7th July J

Kind regards,

Paris McCreath
    Castle Combe Circuit

I have purchased my ticket.

Cheers
    Bushboy

G'day
    Following a lead from Dirk I have contacted Complete Kit Car & have confirmed that we have registerd with them & so do have 10 free passes on there way to me, eventually.

So if your name is on the list, you will have one in the post when they reach my post box.

Any one else will have to purchase a ticket (£15) from the castle combe web site.

See you all there

Bushboy

The List so far is

Dirk
    Phil x 2
    Gary
    Ray

Memory fading now so if you want a free entry, copy the list and add your name to it & repost here.

Cheers

bushboy

I've not got the bottle to go and do some proper track time, worried about me or some other numpty damaging my car, and Ill not have the support team this year. But they are doing a 60mph parade this year, last year they only did a 30mph parade although I think we all got up to 60ish at times. So I have booked myself onto that its only £15.

I've not seen any more names added to the list are there only going to be 3 club cars?

Dirk

My track time ticket came the other day and bear in mind it is only a parade lap with a pace car setting the speed at around 60mph you still need a helmet!! Helmets are available to hire at Castle Combe but given that my hair touches the roof at times and I have not got much, I wanted to get my own to try. I got a cheep open face one and went for a drive tonight, it was a bit of a comedy moment getting in the car but luckily there was no one around to see , I'm sure that will not be the case a week on Saturday. I had to recline the seat as much as possible and pull my shoulder down to drive, the slightest bump in the road and my head helmet was bouncing on the roof not pleasant but on the smooth it was sort of alright and from what I can remember the track was very smooth last year. Although I do think that it is possibly more dangerous driving my car with a helmet on than off and given I will be driving the car 300 odd miles return faster than going around the track it is a bit over the top.
    I have also booked my camping pitch today. Is anyone else camping?

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    I had to recline the seat as much as possible and pull my shoulder down to drive, the slightest bump in the road and my head helmet was bouncing on the roof not pleasant but on the smooth it was sort of alright and from what I can remember the track was very smooth last year. Although I do think that it is possibly more dangerous driving my car with a helmet on than off and given I will be driving the car 300 odd miles return faster than going around the track it is a bit over the top.
    Sounds like some of the construction sites I used to get on to do pipework surveys. Would insist on hard hats everywhere and often they caused more head knocks than if not wearing one, and often impeded vision!

That said Castle Combe have to protect their reputation and event income - whilst the majority will have driven to the event sensibly they know getting some onto a track can ignite their inner Mansell/Hamilton/Moss (choose your era) and an accident with serious injury would raise questions, so it is a case of showing they did all that was reasonable.

I certainly won’t be trying similar Dirk - I am very close to the Nova roof!
    All the best,

Jim

Club Nova Member, SDBC Member, GRRC Member, Southern Classics

Read more about latest Nova developments in Complete Kit Car

Tickets on their way.

Mrs Bushboy calledme at work to say the tickets for Castle Combe have arrived. I will get these into tomorrows post, 1st class for those on the list.

Any late entries? ask now or forever hold your piece. (Peace)

Cheers

Bushboy

Nice one lets hope the weather holds, the rain on the drive down last year was horrendous.

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    Nice one lets hope the weather holds, the rain on the drive down last year was horrendous.

Dirk
    So at the risk of hijacking this thread and turning it into another 'sunroof debate' thread ... how are those of you who are lucky enough to have your Novas on the road, coping with these 30C+ temperatures?!?

A solid roof and side windows which don't open, or only open slightly, sounds like a bit of a greenhouse!!

However, don't pay any attention to me, coz with my Nova still in a thousand bits .... I'm just jealous!!

Have a blast at Castle Coombe ... I'm looking forward to seeing the photos/videos

Alistair