Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Castle Combe Sat 7th July 2018

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Haha
    We were trying to do past, present and future. We actually did have a Morris Minor for past and the McLaren was a cheeky future!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    Just to prove im here :-)

Dirk

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Hi Dirk. Glad you're OK. What's the damage like?
    Good advice from others about keeping hold of your car at all costs - hope the recovery muppets didn't do more damage like happened to mine.
    Sorry I seem to have started a trend and jinxed Castle Combe.

Mick
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

MicksRedNova2 may take as long as the original!!

Quote Originally Posted by bushboy View Post
    Here is the camping field for Castle Combe, hope I can find a pitch.

Managed to find a small corner of the Club Nova pitch to park, was a bit worried that there would be no room.
    Time for a quick selfie with my mates before the serious drinking starts
    Did any more club cars turn up an Saturday? How did your track time go? Gutted I couldn't have been there to do it to I was so looking forward to it. Anyone want to buy a helmet never used

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    Did any more club cars turn up an Saturday? How did your track time go? Gutted I couldn't have been there to do it to I was so looking forward to it. Anyone want to buy a helmet never used

Dirk
    Just read your thread, so I'm sorry to see how the damage has temporarily put your car out of action, but save your helmet for next time, I'm confident you'll be able to repair your Avante and get it road worthy in a much shorter time than some of the others here

G'day Dirk,

Apart from the security guard keeping my presious ass safe I was the only person on the entire site. So I wandered around, contemplated doing my fast parade laps early but decided to drink instead.

There were not many helmets worn during the fast parade lap, including the pace car driver. As I had a skid lid I thought I may as well.

The Fast parade laps are better than the slow parade laps I have done in the past. Fastest speed atained was 67. I was directly behind the pace car. Cornering speeds were getting close the the limit on the Eureka in with it's current set up & tyre. Frustratingly my exit speeds were higher than the pace car so often had to brake on the exit rather than planting the throttle.

Gary has some pics & video of my hooning so when I get them I'll post them.

Next year when I have my cooling issues fixed I'll probably try a Kit car session, but could need bigger rear brakes.

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Slow in , fast out, applies to many things !

Quote Originally Posted by bushboy View Post
    G'day Dirk,

Apart from the security guard keeping my presious ass safe I was the only person on the entire site. So I wandered around, contemplated doing my fast parade laps early but decided to drink instead.

There were not many helmets worn during the fast parade lap, including the pace car driver. As I had a skid lid I thought I may as well.

The Fast parade laps are better than the slow parade laps I have done in the past. Fastest speed atained was 67. I was directly behind the pace car. Cornering speeds were getting close the the limit on the Eureka in with it's current set up & tyre. Frustratingly my exit speeds were higher than the pace car so often had to brake on the exit rather than planting the throttle.

Gary has some pics & video of my hooning so when I get them I'll post them.

Next year when I have my cooling issues fixed I'll probably try a Kit car session, but could need bigger rear brakes.

Bushboy
    Sounds like fun sorry I wasn't there to keep you and monkey company, hopefully next year.

Dirk

Hi all. great day at Castle Combe on Saturday. the only down side was hearing about Dirk`s accident and Steve breaking down. i hope the damage to your avante is repairable Dirk . i was gutted when Bushboy contacted me. chin up Dirk, if it is reparable it`s in very capable hands.
    Steve, sorry you didn`t quite make it there but thank`s to you and Dirk for making an effort to support the club.
    as i said before a great day in the sunshine and especially watching Bushboy give the pace car a run for his money on the parade laps. nice to see Phil there as well, cheers Phil.
    having spent the day at Castle Combe on Saturday Ray and i headed back home to prepare for Sunday which was a show in Exeter at Powderham Castle. it`s a historical vehicle gathering with just about every type of car you can imagine from all ages. as iv`e said before this is a weekend event and would make a fantastic club meet as it would cater for a family. loads to do and see, something for everyone, cars classic and vintage, motorcycles, steam engines, trucks, , good food, live music and a show arena.
    i`ll try and post some pic`s later on, when iv`e worked out how to.

Bushboy's Eureka on the track with thanks to Gary for taking it.

https://vgy.me/LaMw5w.mp4

https://vgy.me/P4Anll.mp4
    Last edited by bushboy; 10-07-2018 at 08:12 PM.
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"