Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Combe Sat 7th July 2018

The in question Nova is back on the road again, so six confirmed

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Well I drove the 200 miles down here without any problems. I was stoped to turn right into the showground and some sill girl ramed into the back of me

Dirk

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just to prove im here :-)

Dirk

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ouch!
    How bad is it? I can see the car's listing a bit, does that mean you lost a tire as well?

Blog Entries
    Jeez... Sorry to see that mate. What a nightmare

Sorry to see that Dirk. Hopefully you are OK. Something similar happened to me. You must still be a bit stunned/in shock for a few days even if you don't realise it. All I can suggest is:

Hand write down what happened on paper, sign with date time location. Even if it is the next day. Notes made on site/soon after carry more weight with insurers etc. Keep Photographs of the cars, position in road, etc.

About the car:
    1) Pick up every tiny screw, bit of plastic, fibreglass etc, even if you think you don't need it.
    2) Get the car home to your garage, don't let it go to a salvage yard/ storage garage. If it is there now, pay their fees and transport it home at your expense. Right now it is still your car/property. Don't repair it, just make sure it is safe/not deteriorating.

There is a chance she is not insured, despite what she says, the insurance might cop out somehow, leaving an impossible storage bill and recovery fees. Someone gave me that advice once, I was dazed and upset, looking back I was not thinking clearly, and could have lost my car for good if I wasn't on the ball.

All I can say is, it is a treasured possession like this, it is so much better having it at home. You may even get a storage allowance, and be able to claim recovery expenses all being well.

Oh crap! Having an accident is bad enough, having one in a car you built with hundreds of hours of blood sweat and tears having gone into it is another matter entirely. Really sorry to see her like that.

She must have been blind or more likely texting on her phone, its not like you can miss a bright yellow sports car like yours is it!

More importantly are you and Debs OK?

I'm assuming Debs wasn't driving right behind you in the support car.....and....

Nightmare time - and the Castle Coombe jinx continues.... Really bad luck Dirk...

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post

She must have been blind or more likely texting on her phone, its not like you can miss a bright yellow sports car like yours is it!
    I beg to differ on the colour - I've got a bright yellow Corsa and people seem to find it all but invisible in daylight - I'm always on the edge of my seat as people steer into it/pull out in front of it/try and drive through it and as for car park bumps - I've given up counting..... I've a friend with a slightly lime-green fluorescent yellow Focus who had exactly the same problems. Upshot - the new Nova isn't going to be yellow!
    Last edited by Alzax3; 07-07-2018 at 06:17 AM.
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Oh b*gger!!

Really sorry to hear that Dirk. Hope you can get her home safely and back on the road again very soon.

..... and to think I was worried about you driving with one coilover!

Alistair