Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Hello

Evening all,
    just signed up today and looking forward to hassling you all with questions.
    My name is Richard from the midlands, ive been looking for a nova for a few years now ps, ive had a secret crush on one ever since watching cannonball run as a kid,, come to think about it was it the nova or was it the two ladies driving it
    I might have a long term project pinned down took a fair bit of trolling google to find but i'm a bit wary at jumping the gun on it hence the pleanty of questions soon
    I am interested in most things air cooled and am curently working of restoring a buggy - now 3 years into a 6 month job (isnt that always the case)
    speack to you soon
    Richard.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Welcome Richard! You'll find lots of great technical and moral support on the Forum from a great bunch of guys and gals. I hope the possible project works out ... as you'll know projects are few and far between and road going Novas for sale are even rarer. Best of luck and looking forward to hearing how you're getting on.
    Cheers, Alistair

Welcome Richard.
    Anybody that shares our passion is welcome here. Ask as many questions as you like I'm sure you'll get the answers here. Looking forward to hearing more from you
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Welcome to the insanity. However, seeing how you are 3 years into a 6 month job on a buggy, the Nova 2 year restoration could see you hit retirement age before it's on the road!!

Fill us in a bit more. Have you seen one up close, sat in one, driven one? And how tall are you? Although lanky people can and do fit height challenged persons, such as myself, fair a lot better.

The club has an outing at Castle Combe on 7th July, if you want a great day out watching all kinds of things thrash around the track & having a chance to see & feel the Nova's join us.

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Hi Richard.

Welcome to the best place to get all you questions answered. Just ask away.

Good luck with your search & have fun.

Cheers.
    Mostin.
    “A plan is only a means of measuring where things went wrong”

Hi Richard,

Welcome to the forum!

Do spill the beans on your possible project and give us all the juicy details!

Loads of help, support, and general Nova nuttiness available here!

Cheers,

Colin

Thanks for the welcoms
    so the nova is a 3 1/2 hrs drive from me and only 1 photo to show for it, its outside, half buried under bits and bobs and under a 2 post lift,
    the details i managed to get are
    its either a 65 or 69 chassis so a swing axle
    registerd as nova but on a Q plate
    main body various sidpods etc
    set of turbo vecs but i think he's angleing at extra cost for them
    without seeing more pictures i'm hesetant to commit hes asking around 1500 for it

3.5 hrs north or south? I know in this country if you go 3.5 hrs East or West you get wet & end up in a different county!!

We have seen the value of Nova's rising steadily over the past few years & less of them coming up for sale. Indeed, there is more than one forum member that has been waiting for the right one to come along.

Definitely ask for fresh, up to date pictures. Be prepared for a total body off restore and both Body & chassis can be salvaged.

However, being on a Q plate my advice is bit his hand off, ditch the chassis & visit Pie Valley Buggies for a nice new chassis with modern engine etc.

But if you like the air cooled VW donk then the chassis can be rescued with enough skill or healthy cheque book. and your in business.

Good luck with your decision and as mentioned elsewhere on this forum, road goings ones for sale are as rare as hens teeth.

Bushboy

3.5hrs north,
    forgot to say there is no pans on the chassis but supposed to be boxed.
    chassis platform is one of my niggles as id like a more sporty suspention setup than what the beetle offerd or possibly even go air ride pleanty of pot holes round here or as we like to call them council speed bumps, also will be looking at fiting around a 2ltr lump with a 5 speed aswell. a porsche would be very nice if the deneros was right but i guess with some work there are other alternatives out there

2 litre 5 speed, wishbone front end, you need to read Jims posts.

Bushboy