Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nova alert !

Why spray the wheels with the tyres on?!!!
    Other than that this is a big project for someone :l

All seems to be there - well, don't see any evidence of the rear panel in the pictures - bonnet is interesting. Not a bad starting price for a project, hope it stays in this country with someone who has the skills/staying power to get it done!
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Less than a day left .... and no bids yet??

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Certainly worth the money; surprised there are no bids, even with painted tyres... It will need a lot of work, but for that money it seems well worth it!

No bids! Surprisingly
    I wonder why ?

It’s back on eBay
    £1500 Ono

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    It’s back on eBay
    £1500 Ono
    So I see:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vw-sterli...AAAOSwMM9bGELb

I'm still learning a lot and could do with a bit of help on this one! Does this look like a Sterling or a UK produced Nova kit? Is it one of the first series? Is that dash part of the kit, I have not seen one like that.
    What is this body number 007? Were the bodies numbered with 3 digits like that??? Where would the body number normally printed be on the shell?

Also doesn't the build manual recommend using a later but non IRS Beetle chassis?

I am wondering if that tubular rear bumper is standard or a replacement for the rear valance.
    Does anyone remember what price it started at the first time it was listed? £1500?

I would prefer something in better shape TBH. Red_Vodka, maybe the wheels were getting corroded in the damp, so he just sprayed over to protect the polished edge?

Thanks for any input!

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Hi John,
    It is not a Series I car (no bonnet nostrils, no undertray vent holes, a brow above the windscreen top)

The dash appears to be Mk4? so maybe this is one of the very few Mk4 cars produced (built in the UK during Sam Cobley's ownership of the marque) around ~15 were made, so the body number of 7 ties-in with that.

Yes, the body number is usually on the shell, either moulded-in or on a riveted-on VIN plate.

The IRS is a plus-point, IRS has better handling, and you can adjust the rear height with fewer camber issues, the later 1302 and 1303 beetles had IRS.

I don't believe the rear bumper is a tube, this looks like the MK2 bumper with lots cut away.

Downside of this car is the (rust) condition of the frame head (I'm guessing that it's even worse than it looks). And the areas of the main shell that have been cut away: above the rear panel and under the headlights, that bonnet bulge will also have to go.

The plus sides are: the IRS, And the windscreen, which looks intact (it costs £1k to replace) but check to see if it has delaminated (white marks around the edges of the screen), ask me how I know :-(
    The engine is also a plus point, you can refurb it, or sell it for decent money.

I take the point about getting something in better condition,
    but assuming the windscreen on this car is OK, you are getting a lot for your money here.