Thread: What hydraulic pump is good to use

What hydraulic pump is good to use

I have an old pump and the canopy doesn't stay up but it does work with the buttons up and down. Just the canopy mostly falls back down itself. Is there any modern pumps can get and from where to ? Thanks

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by clivenova View Post
    I have an old pump and the canopy doesn't stay up but it does work with the buttons up and down. Just the canopy mostly falls back down itself. Is there any modern pumps can get and from where to ? Thanks

Bear in mind, It could be the rams that are allowing the hydraulic fluid to pass rather then the pump itself that is faulty
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Oh never thought of that. Do you know of where can get some ? I wouldn't know where to look. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Bear in mind, It could be the rams that are allowing the hydraulic fluid to pass rather then the pump itself that is faulty

I have a hydraulic pump from a modern Mustang and have the same issue. You need a pump with an integrated locking mechanism. I "think" Chevrolet has integrated locking mechanisms. Or you can purchase one and tie it into your system, which is what I might be doing.
    Thanks,

Nic.
    http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l61/quikniq/
    CCC Sterling # 416

Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    I have a hydraulic pump from a modern Mustang and have the same issue. You need a pump with an integrated locking mechanism. I "think" Chevrolet has integrated locking mechanisms. Or you can purchase one and tie it into your system, which is what I might be doing.
    Thank Nic I'm gonna try rams 1st and see if helps but if not will have to be pump. Fingers crossed it's only rams as is cheaper to do to 😊