Thread: Valuation help

Valuation help

Hi all,
    Let me state that this is purely for information at this point.

Iím looking to try to find out what I should value my nova at. Iím finding it difficult as it isnít exactly normal.

The majority of you will have seen it already so youíll know which car Iím talking about.

The reality Iím facing is that I may well be in a position that I need to sell the Nova in the near future as a way to raise some capital for our business for a necessary equipment purchase.

As I type, I havenít touched the car in around a year. Last time I tried to start it, it wouldnít start. Obviously this has an impact on the value.

I guess what Iím looking for is an input as to the possible value if itís running and if it isnít.

Any input appreciated.

Thanks.
    Euro-Nova Big Cheese!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

This is a tough one Dan due to it being totally unique. With your car the "adage of willing buyer, willing seller totally applies". In some people eyes the uniqueness make it worth a fortune, but in other eyes the challenge of maintaining such a car lowers the value.

From my perspective, running or not I would say the lowest number would be in the 5K range and then you go up from there.

Thanks David.
    The Cars pros and also itís cons!
    Euro-Nova Big Cheese!

Anymore opinions to add here guys?
    Euro-Nova Big Cheese!

I suppose a good starting point would be what you paid for it?

I agree with all of what David has already said. It's a unique car that has featured in magazines and so has some provenance and is well known. It all depends on the right person coming along to buy it.
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Dan
    As Dave has mentioned, and we have already discussed , because it is so unique it has to be pitched to a unique audience. How much would it cost to sort every single issue out?
    You will only know by testing the field.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Sorry to hear you are thinking of selling-up;

I don't know the answer to the question, but to get top-dollar for a(ny) Nova, you'll need patience to wait for the right buyer to come along.
    Get the little things right:
    Give it a full-on clean, replace any rusty nuts/bolts visible on the chassis, rips in the seats, etc.
    Get 12 months MOT, include a detailed spec in the Advert mentioning the well-known builder, use recent good quality pics.
    Do you have copies of the magazines that feature the car? Any gongs from shows to include? Receipts from day 1?
    All that should be part of the sale.

All this sounds obvious, but it's unusual to see a Nova properly presented to sell.

Thanks all
    Euro-Nova Big Cheese!

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Sorry to hear you are thinking of selling-up;

I don't know the answer to the question, but to get top-dollar for a(ny) Nova, you'll need patience to wait for the right buyer to come along.
    Get the little things right:
    Give it a full-on clean, replace any rusty nuts/bolts visible on the chassis, rips in the seats, etc.
    Get 12 months MOT, include a detailed spec in the Advert mentioning the well-known builder, use recent good quality pics.
    Do you have copies of the magazines that feature the car? Any gongs from shows to include? Receipts from day 1?
    All that should be part of the sale.

All this sounds obvious, but it's unusual to see a Nova properly presented to sell.
    That's great advice from Steve. I'm also sorry to hear you're thinking about selling Dan ... isn't there another way to raise the funds for your business?

Anyway, the only thing I would add is once you've done all the above, and since your Nova is quite unique, why not approach Complete Kit Car again and ask if they'd like to do another article on the car, raise the profile of the Forum, and inform the 'kit car public' that your car's now for sale?

Best of luck! Alistair
    Last edited by BlueNova; 20-08-2018 at 10:24 PM.

As others have said your car is a real marmite thing, you love it or hate it. My car was insured value wise based on the money I had physically spent on it and not including the 3 years labour. When I sold my last Nova it went for £3k needed work but had a full MOT. Your target audience is probably so small that in order to achieve its true value in would need to be running with an MOT. Then list it at stupid money and see what reactions you get.

Dirk