Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ciao!!

Ciao!!

Hi everybody.
    i am an italian tax consultant with a Puma, that is the italian Nova version.
    i had in my life a lot of cars and the Puma was my first one, as degree gift.
    That is why i allways remained attached to kit cars. My actually Puma has
    also a spyder kit, for open driving during summer.
    This year i rebuilt the engine: it is a Porsche 912 at 4 cylindres 2000 cc
    american injection version, trasformed with dual carb,
    95 hp and 6650 rpm (sport axle), 5 speeds Porsche gearbox.
    I apologize for my not perfect english, but you can correct me!
    Soon posting photos, coz now it is repainting in red colour.
    Last edited by Mario; 21-09-2018 at 03:06 PM.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Ciao Mario!

I really like the sound of your Puma, especially the engine and the spyder roof. I think quite a few of the guys and gals on the Forum will be looking forward to your photos!

You'll find lots of technical and moral support in the Forum. I don't think I could have tackled my 'body off' restoration without it.

Your English is fine by the way! .... it's 100% better than my Italian!!

Cheers, Alistair

Welcome Mario - looking forward to seeing pictures of your Puma. Does the canopy hinge from the front or rise up on hinges like the Novas?
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

hi to all members

attached photos of my Puma in old spyder version, with other photo with closed kit that i am fitting.
    During next days i will attached photos of my final version, with new red painting (Ferrari red 300)
    Besides other 2 photos of not mine Pumas, where it is possible to see the difference with Nova, related
    to opening car to enter
    Attached Images Attached Images

hi to all members

of course i am changing also that horribles wheel rims with others in aluminion alloy, and the interior of the car will be total different. I think i need a couple month to finish this new project, after i yet spent 2 months to obtain my rebuilded engine. Besides i will remove the rear spoiler

puma history

so in the Puma version the canopy hinge from the front. These cars where builded in Rome. From 1976 to 1980 with vw beetle engine: built 100, remaining now 49 in our historic register. Then from 1981 to 1990 where builded 78 with Alfa Romeo engine, remaining now 28. Finally from 1991 to 1992 where builded 22 allways with Alfa Romeo engine, but only in the gullwing version similar to your eagle/cimbria model: remaining now 12. You 'll note that are remaining more older vw type, in respect of the new Alfa Romeo.
    The problem, in fact, is that Alfa Romeo stopped boxer production from 1996, after selling 200.000 cars.
    Now are no more existing spare parts of these engines and you can only buy a whole old boxer engine, praying God to don't have big problems....from the opposite, vw sold 22 millions of boxer engines all over the world, so up to know it is yet possible to buy every type of spare parts. You can also build a new vw boxer engine, just buying all the spare parts....
    In my case, it was easy to buy all the spare parts to rebuild my old 912 Porsche 4 cylindres that, at the end, was a 1600 c.c. beetle, increased in the engine size, with sport cammes and light fly-wheel....

Hi Mario,

Welcome to the forum!

The photos of the Puma are fascinating- particularly the one showing the front- hinged canopy fully open. It is evident that this method appears to give a good amount of space for entry/exit from the car (although I guess the canopy does then need to project upwards at the rear when fully open).

Looking forward to hearing/seeing how the project progresses!

Cheers and Ciao!

Colin
    Last edited by madscientist; 16-09-2018 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Spelling

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Ciao Mario!

You have a Puma GTV, the first and arguably the best looking of all the Puma variants. I'm glad to hear you are changing to a roof canopy, this was how the cars were sold originally and look much better in my opinion.

I agree the Alfa boxer is getting rare now. I have a 1980 1.5 Ti boxer in my Nova and there are a couple of parts suppliers here in England that sell some parts, but my last engine service kit came from Greece! I am also using the Alfasud gearbox which has a reputation for weak synchromesh in 2nd gear. 912 boxer is a good engine.

Are you a member of the Puma Club?

I am looking forward to seeing more pictures of your car as it comes together.

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Hi Mario,

Welcome to the forum looking forward to seeing more photos and watching your progress, are you using the 912 gearbox as well?

Dirk

Welcome to the forum Mario.Your Puma set up sound interesting. Have fun & enjoy.Cheers.Mostin.
    “A plan is only a means of measuring where things went wrong”