Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Intatrim Seats - customisation for a Nova

  1. #1
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    663
    Blog Entries
    1

    Intatrim Seats - customisation for a Nova

    Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Steve, check out the Intatrim Stoneleigh seat (yes same name as the show), I tried it in my Nova at Stoneleigh this year. Its narrow enough at the base for our cars with deep floor pan drops, yet has a wide comfortable back support. As far as rake goes my plan is to make brackets to tilt the seats up at the front to the desired angle (which also improves under leg support). They can make the base padding as thick or thin as you want and trimming is only down to your imagination (and wallet!)

    http://www.intatrim.co.uk/stoneleigh.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Steve, I got my seats from Intatrim. Really nice people and will basically do any design you want.
    Regards
    Buffy

    Hello Gents, just Spinning this conversation about Seats away from Bluenova's build thread...

    I contacted Intatrim and asked if they could supply a 'Stoneleigh' seat with a lower seat base,
    i.e. I want thin ~20mm cushions/padding, and the fibreglass base of the seat (where your bum goes) lowered ~25mm so that it falls between the seat runners, resulting in the base of the seat being just a few mm away from the chassis floorpan.

    Hopefully this will allow a more upright driving position, which I prefer.

    The Stoneliegh seat comes in Standard or Narrow fitment.
    My floor drops are 425mm at the narrowest point so surprisingly the standard seat will fit.

    @islandman:
    I know you have tried the Stoneleigh seat in your car, how was it with the roof down?
    were there any issues with the height of the seat back, or the width of the shoulder support?
    i.e. does it fit in the cockpit well enough?

    I hear what you say about increasing the rake, and I may follow suit - to a lesser extent though.
    Last edited by steve; 16-09-2018 at 04:20 PM.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    @islandman:
    I know you have tried the Stoneleigh seat in your car, how was it with the roof down?
    were there any issues with the height of the seat back, or the width of the shoulder support?
    i.e. does it fit in the cockpit well enough?

    I hear what you say about increasing the rake, and I may follow suit - to a lesser extent though.
    Well with any seat, including my current one being a Mark 1 Nova and me bing 6' 4" its gonna be tight. The Stoneleigh seat was no better or worse than my current one in terms of headroom.

    The seat back height was not an issue in anyway, and the width of the seat back also presented no issues, even with my centre console that raises up at the rear (one of the reasons I wanted to try the seat as I thought it may interfere with that, but it didn't).

    Yes I was very happy with the fit, other than needing to tilt it for the rake which I did by just leaning back whilst sitting in if to see it I could get to a position that worked, which I did.

    I didn't know they did a narrow fit version, which has now got me wondering what version I trial fitted

  3. #3
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    663
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    [...]
    I didn't know they did a narrow fit version, which has now got me wondering what version I trial fitted
    I might be able to answer that question for you next week. I contacted Intatrim and they have been very helpful, I am taking a standard Stonleigh seat up to Flatlands next week for a trial fit.

    I am confident it will fit in the floor drops; If the rake is comforatable (I prefer an more upright seat back) and I can get the seat base low enough to give me headroom, I probably go for these seats.

    StonlieghSeat.jpg

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    I might be able to answer that question for you next week. I contacted Intatrim and they have been very helpful, I am taking a standard Stonleigh seat up to Flatlands next week for a trial fit.

    I am confident it will fit in the floor drops; If the rake is comforatable (I prefer an more upright seat back) and I can get the seat base low enough to give me headroom, I probably go for these seats.

    StonlieghSeat.jpg
    Steve are going for the one with harness holes or not? I'm not having the harness holes as it doesn't go with the theme of my car.

    Another thing I planned to do was allow them to tip forward with a release catch, much like the old mini seats. That way it makes it a lot easier to store stuff behind the seats, as you know storage is limited so every little bit helps. If you also go down that route I'll be interested to see what Flatlands come up with, they do some great work and I'm sure could come up with something batter than I could to achieve this.

  5. #5
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    663
    Blog Entries
    1
    Intatrim lent me a 'Stonleigh' seat to try, and it fits the car pretty well.

    Sorry for the quality of the pics below, but the Standard (not narrowed) Stonleigh seat
    fits the floor drops, in fact there is around ~10mm clearance on either side.

    I found the comfort of the seat to be very good, the look of the seat in the vehicle also works IMO.

    The rake of the seat is an issue for tall drivers (Mk1 Car, 4 inch drops), so I will follow Islandman and lift-up the front of the seat around 1 inch, I will also get a thinner cushion to get my backside as close to the floorpan as possible.

    Intatrim tell me that the GT40 seat has a bigger rake (more laid back seat position) and may be a better choice for the car, I like the Stonleigh seat however.

    You can get this seat with 'Harness holes' above the shoulder, I like that look, we'll see.

    IMG_20180926_133115seat.jpg

    IMG_20180926_133057seat.jpg

    IMG_20180926_133049seat.jpg

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    The rake of the seat is an issue for tall drivers (Mk1 Car, 4 inch drops), so I will follow Islandman and lift-up the front of the seat around 1 inch, I will also get a thinner cushion to get my backside as close to the floorpan as possible.

    Intatrim tell me that the GT40 seat has a bigger rake (more laid back seat position) and may be a better choice for the car, I like the Stonleigh seat however.
    Based on the colour trim that looks exactly like the one I tried, so at least I know to order the standard. I also tried the GT40 seat, same as the one Mark has in his gulf Nova. Whilst the rake is better, the back is shorter and didn't give me the same head or shoulder support. Its OK for short folk like Mark I guess ! (I remember when the Police had minimum height requirements)....LOL just kidding Mark .

    Are you planning to have it tip forward for space behind the seats?

  7. #7
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Hailsham, E Sussex
    Posts
    1,178
    [QUOTE=islandman;127276] I also tried the GT40 seat, same as the one Mark has in his gulf Nova. Whilst the rake is better, the back is shorter and didn't give me the same head or shoulder support. Its OK for short folk like Mark I guess ! (I remember when the Police had minimum height requirements)....LOL just kidding Mark .

    QUOTE]

    I'm only just under 6 foot !
    I love my seats, but they just go with the whole theme of the car anyway.

  8. #8
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    663
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Are you planning to have it tip forward for space behind the seats?
    Nice idea but no, I wasn't planning to.

    I am also looking at this seat (Cobra Nogaro) http://www.cobraseats.com/nogaro.asp
    It has a scooped out base that allows a very low seat (bum) position. It's quite a hit though.

    I need to see one in the flesh to check the fit.

  9. #9
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    663
    Blog Entries
    1
    Well I bought some seats, in the end I went for these carbon fibre (with fibreglass backing/strengthening)
    www.kitcardirect.co.uk/carbon-fibre-low-side-high-back-seat-shell.html

    The Intatrim seats mentioned above are good quality/value, and a good fit for the Nova, but I couldn't see past the headroom issues (For tall drivers / MK1 cars). I would also need to incline the seat backwards slightly; there is no room for runners.

    I like the carbon fibre look of these, they are narrow enough for the dropped pans;
    Like all fibreglass they are a little rough around the edges. The lowered seat base (see below) allows my bum to be very close to the floorpan to allow a more upright driving position.


  10. #10
    So are you planning to trim them and put runners on them?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •