Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dash panel - Free to a good home

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries

Dash panel - Free to a good home

Dash panel available, cracked in places, poor condition.

Free if you can collect (South London), or I can take to Stones(?)

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Hi Steve,

It doesn't look that bad??

Unless you've got a better one lurking out of sight .... does this mean you're going down the 'Islandman' route with a completely new dash? If you are, I'll be really interested to see what you've got planned.

Alistair

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Hi Steve,

It doesn't look that bad??

Unless you've got a better one lurking out of sight .... does this mean you're going down the 'Islandman' route with a completely new dash? If you are, I'll be really interested to see what you've got planned.

Alistair
    Hi Alistair, I don't have one lurking, but I have ordered a replacement Dash panel plus one dash pod (black gel coat) from Poly-creation.eu.
    Interestingly, Poly-creation's Dash pod is wider than the standard Elam MK1 Pods,
    which makes me wonder where they got the mould from...

As the pod is larger I want to make it the electrics 'hub' i.e. to house the Power in, Earth bus bar (for the front) plus fuse box. With a removable top for access. That's the plan.

Sounds good Steve.

I've got the Mk2 dash, but lurking underneath appears to be the same dash panel as yours. I'm tempted to strip it back and get a Mk1 dash pod because I much prefer the Mk1 look to the Mk2, and it would be a lot easier to do than going down the complete new dash route.

Cheers, Alistair

Hi alistair
    I’m fairly new to Nova’s, is the mk2 dash harder to work with compared to the Mk1 dash. I have the Mk1 dash pods but from the photo in the articles page I think I like the mk2 dash better.
    Although I have the Mk1 dash nothing else with the car is Mk1 I believe except maybe the slot mags
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Slade View Post
    Hi alistair
    I’m fairly new to Nova’s, is the mk2 dash harder to work with compared to the Mk1 dash. I have the Mk1 dash pods but from the photo in the articles page I think I like the mk2 dash better.
    Although I have the Mk1 dash nothing else with the car is Mk1 I believe except maybe the slot mags
    Paul
    Hi Paul,

I hope your resto's going well. To be honest I don't know the answer to your question because I've never actually removed my Mk2 dash. As the photos in the Articles section say, both dashes share the same undertray moulding, and I can feel mine under the continuous cover which shapes the Mk2 dash.

Here's a photo of my dash in 1990 Alistair's Mk2 dash (1990).jpg and you can see it in a video I took for Phill's thread a couple of weeks ago at http://www.euro-nova.co.uk/vb/showth...l=1#post127271

Pity we're about 280 miles apart ... if you liked my Mk2 top and I liked your Mk1 pods, there's the potential for a swap!

Cheers, Alistair
    Last edited by BlueNova; 16-10-2018 at 08:02 PM.

Hi alistair
    My project is on hold, at the moment. I’m just looking through posts researching as much as I can before I start. Here’s a picture of my dash pods see what you think. They need some work and we’re once covered in red fur. Not sure how they fit with the original steering wheel
    Paul
    B6775B0C-2A6C-43F4-9A63-5BFED8994667.jpg

Hi alistair
    My project is on hold, at the moment. I’m just looking through posts researching as much as I can before I start. Here’s a picture of my dash pods see what you think. They need some work and we’re once covered in red fur. Not sure how they fit with the original steering wheel
    Paul
    B6775B0C-2A6C-43F4-9A63-5BFED8994667.jpg
    Hi Paul,

Red fur!?! ... how very 1970's! Trouble is, I remember covering a lovely walnut dash in my 1st car (a Triumph Herald 13/60) with fur in that very decade!!

Anyway, back to Novas in the 21st Century! .... yes, I'm interested in your pods.

Given that your project's on hold and I'm still working on getting a rolling chassis with a running engine, I'll not be getting round to working on my interior for quite some time. However, if you're still interested in my Mk2 dash I'll remove it from the car sometime soon and get some better photos so that we can talk further about a swap.

Without committing you to anything, does that sound OK?

Cheers, Alistair

Hi alistair
    That’s sounds good,
    When you take Your dash out just send me a pm and we can exchange photos

Cheers
    Paul

Hi alistair
    That’s sounds good,
    When you take Your dash out just send me a pm and we can exchange photos

Cheers