Thread: front end reinforcing

front end reinforcing

i hope i havnt duplicated this as i cant find the original
    im looking to find details about the front end bulkhead between my feet and the steering gear i need to make a couple of holes in that area to duct fresh air and i remember seeing a drawing about the reinfrcing area in the front section body showing where not to drill ?
    i hope someone can help with this ?
    thanks
    trev

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevjeep View Post
    i hope i havnt duplicated this as i cant find the original
    im looking to find details about the front end bulkhead between my feet and the steering gear i need to make a couple of holes in that area to duct fresh air and i remember seeing a drawing about the reinfrcing area in the front section body showing where not to drill ?
    i hope someone can help with this ?
    thanks
    trev

Hello Mate. I don't think there is an area on the front bulkhead that you need reinforce.
    You will need to tread carefully when drilling large diameter holes for vent pipes, but that is to avoid the track rods (amongst other things) as they bounce around during normal driving usage.

Note that there is a hidden pipe connecting the cockpit and the front/boot area, but it is blocked at each end - you will need to drill out the 'glass, I plan on using it for ventilation on my build.
    X marks the spot in the pic below (pic borrowed from Phill).

Phills_Pic.jpg

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Hello Mate. I don't think there is an area on the front bulkhead that you need reinforce.
    You will need to tread carefully when drilling large diameter holes for vent pipes, but that is to avoid the track rods (amongst other things) as they bounce around during normal driving usage.

Note that there is a hidden pipe connecting the cockpit and the front/boot area, but it is blocked at each end - you will need to drill out the 'glass, I plan on using it for ventilation on my build.
    X marks the spot in the pic below (pic borrowed from Phill).

Phills_Pic.jpg
    If I remember correctly that rounded tube section is formed around a cardboard tube, if you open it up, I would try and remove all the cardboard or make it very water tight. If the cardboard gets damp it may start to smell.

Dirk

thanks

looks like i can drill two 70 mm holes then one either side of the tunnel for fresh air