Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Turbovecs

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    East Riding
    Posts
    1,061

    Turbovecs

    I wish I had kept some of my insurance money back these are 15 inch so buying these and a new set of tyres would probably be cheaper than a new set of 14 inch tyres.

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/113354071311?ul_noapp=true

    I'm sure someone will tell me they are not Turbovecs but they are what I had on my last Nova.

    Dirk

  2. #2
    Senior Member BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    773
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    I wish I had kept some of my insurance money back these are 15 inch so buying these and a new set of tyres would probably be cheaper than a new set of 14 inch tyres.

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/113354071311?ul_noapp=true

    I'm sure someone will tell me they are not Turbovecs but they are what I had on my last Nova.

    Dirk
    Hi Dirk,

    So you've blown the budget already? Never mind, on the upside you must be way ahead on the timescale!!

    You caught my eye with this ...I've been thinking about changing my wheel size to get a better choice of tyre and to try to fill the gap in the rear arches, but unfortunately the seller (from Liverpool) is saying "will arrange for collection only (no delivery)" and I'm away up here in Bonnie Scotland. Anyway, I've got a lot more to sort out before I get to the 'nice bits' ... but after seeing what David (Islandman) did with the turbos he bought, it's tempting!

    Thanks for sharing! Alistair
    Last edited by BlueNova; 07-11-2018 at 11:04 PM.

  3. #3
    oh I like those!!! They are not turbovecs, but better. the same as Phil had I think.

    As for pick-up / delivery you don't need to do it in person. I used these guys...

    https://www.paisleyfreight.com/alloy-wheel-courier

  4. #4
    Yes they are the same as I had on my Original Nova- they're called Keystone Turbomaster. Very similar to the Wolfrace Turbovecs but with a deeper dish and fewer vanes. I think they look much better than Turbovecs. I wonder why there's only pictures of two of the wheels, and where in the listing does it say they are 15"?

    I'd be very tempted, but given their rarity I would want to be sure the set of four were all useable
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

    http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns


  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    East Riding
    Posts
    1,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post

    where in the listing does it say they are 15"?
    I doesn't I sent him a message, although he did not say what the width was.

    Dirk

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    East Riding
    Posts
    1,061
    The listing has be pulled early did anyone here buy them?

    Dirk

  7. #7
    Senior Member BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    773
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    The listing has be pulled early did anyone here buy them?

    Dirk
    I had a look this afternoon and there was a bid of the asking price (ie £350). I was surprised that the 1st bid wasn't lower so had a look at the other items the seller was selling .... lots of stuff including a Karma (or similar) bodyshell with no chassis for £3500 (not surprisingly it had no bids!)

    I'll be surprised if the wheels have actually sold, but I could be wrong

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    I had a look this afternoon and there was a bid of the asking price (ie £350). I was surprised that the 1st bid wasn't lower so had a look at the other items the seller was selling .... lots of stuff including a Karma (or similar) bodyshell with no chassis for £3500 (not surprisingly it had no bids!)

    I'll be surprised if the wheels have actually sold, but I could be wrong
    ok confession time, its was me that bid But the seller claimed that he had an offer of 500 pounds from and advert in a local paper so withdrew it. They would have made lovely wheels if they had the same treatment as my turbovecs. Nice deep dish, 15” and wide....

  9. #9
    Senior Member BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    773
    Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    ok confession time, its was me that bid But the seller claimed that he had an offer of 500 pounds from and advert in a local paper so withdrew it. They would have made lovely wheels if they had the same treatment as my turbovecs. Nice deep dish, 15” and wide....
    Ahhhhaaa! Btw I had a look at the wheel courier service link you mentioned and am impressed with their prices. Might well use them once I get further on with my rebuild.
    Alistair

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Ahhhhaaa! Btw I had a look at the wheel courier service link you mentioned and am impressed with their prices. Might well use them once I get further on with my rebuild.
    Alistair
    Yeah I've used them twice now and can't believe their pricing. Ideal when buying from sellers who state collection only as you can arrange collection and delivery yourself

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •