Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the car

***Euro-Nova Supporter***

What is the car

I'm not really in the know with American cars but I do like these lights what is it?

I am sure they would be like rocking horse s### over here

Dirk

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    I'm not really in the know with American cars but I do like these lights what is it?
    I am sure they would be like rocking horse s### over here

Dirk
    Dodge Challenger?

Brett would know, and also he is a breakers yard wizard, he may be able to take some measurements to see if they are viable or not

certainly looks like the 2018 Dodge Challenger shown here but with different lights, maybe an earlier years version

I think they'll be hugely wide! (The relativly small Alfa Spider had a simillar 'light-bar' set up and they were way to long to fit the Nova's trim behind!) And I think American lights are allowed to blink red to indicate rather than show amber lenses?
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Brett would know, and also he is a breakers yard wizard, he may be able to take some measurements to see if they are viable or not
    Looks like a 2009 Dodge Challenger.

And yes you need to pay attention to the color of the turn signals because they use red and amber in the USA. Don't ask me why, I don't know, but they just do.

Just a few things I've learned looking for tail lights.(for cars located here)
    What looks small on the donor car is to big for our cars.

Curvature of the lights may not match the curvature of the rear of the car so modifications will have to be made to the body of the car or to the lights to make them fit.

I've been looking for these in the salvage yards here to see if they will work on our cars.

Attachment 2968

Attachment 2969

Totally agree on the curvature of the lights usually being what makes or breaks the viability of them. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve been driving on the road and seen some neat and seemingly small looking rear lights on cars. However upon accelerating to pull alongside the cars it quickly becomes very obvious that the curvature was way more pronounced when looking side on than rear on ruling them out from being viable options.

Had a LOT of near misses down the scrappy with rear lights and even the humble Cavalier Mk2 I have were 4" too wide so I had to 'trim' them either side of the number plate. The angle of the return is also difficult being a greater angle than most cars.
    rear camera.jpg

I wanted the Seat Toledo but couldn't make them fit, likewise the Ibiza/Leon.
    1 seat toledo rear lights.jpg2 seat tail lights.jpg
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

http://ukhozi.page.tl

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Had a LOT of near misses down the scrappy with rear lights and even the humble Cavalier Mk2 I have were 4" too wide so I had to 'trim' them either side of the number plate. The angle of the return is also difficult being a greater angle than most cars.
    rear camera.jpg
    I know what you mean Peter. I also have the Cavalier Mk2 rear lights, but mine are upside down, including the reg number section. I had to trim the outer edges of the light units and the outer edges of the reg number section (to the point there was hardly anything left of the red section).

Alistair's rear.jpg

I still like the idea of round rear lights (as per Ferrari, etc) but I think the Cavalier lights echo the louvres on the Nova. I can't take any credit for the choice of lights for my Nova though ... the guy who sprayed my Nova its current blue colour suggested them!

Alistair

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    I know what you mean Peter. I also have the Cavalier Mk2 rear lights, but mine are upside down, including the reg number section. I had to trim the outer edges of the light units and the outer edges of the reg number section (to the point there was hardly anything left of the red section).

Alistair's rear.jpg

Alistair
    That's because you have a lot of bodywork outside the end of the lights whereas mine actually curve around the side a bit, not perfect but close enough.

Amazing what we manage to make fit. I think I have parts from 14 different car makes in mine.

Gawd only knows what Brett has.

Peter
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

http://ukhozi.page.tl