Page 8 of 69 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: 009

Brett, I have not been following euro-nova. Saw the calendar offer and saw your work accomplished over the summer on your interior progress and front end design. Congrats on all. I continue to glass front and side panels together as well as a roof scoop and side scoop to hide top switch. I am close to redesigning the taillight and rear valance. Found a 60" LED light that incorporates running lights, turn signals, break lights and backup lights into one strip @ 1/2" wide. I plan to mount 2 that will wrap around the rear-end. Planning on eliminating rear side marker lights. Will redesign license plate area and defusser area.IMG_1116.jpg This is the only photo that I could attach. Keep up the good work. See you the next time I am in LV.

Quote Originally Posted by 5timetom View Post
    Brett, I have not been following euro-nova. Saw the calendar offer and saw your work accomplished over the summer on your interior progress and front end design. Congrats on all. I continue to glass front and side panels together as well as a roof scoop and side scoop to hide top switch. I am close to redesigning the taillight and rear valance. Found a 60" LED light that incorporates running lights, turn signals, break lights and backup lights into one strip @ 1/2" wide. I plan to mount 2 that will wrap around the rear-end. Planning on eliminating rear side marker lights. Will redesign license plate area and defusser area.IMG_1116.jpg This is the only photo that I could attach. Keep up the good work. See you the next time I am in LV.

Hi Tom
    Once in a while I wonder how its going at your end.

Not much happening on the sterling site so I'm just hanging out here.

Sounds like your keeping busy.

Next time your in Vegas we'll have to get caught up on things.

I'm waiting to find the control module for the power assist to the canopy so I can wire that in but until I find one I'm tying up loose ends.

One spot that needed work was the brake pedal.
    It was to close to the gas pedal for my liking so I had to make a new one and now I have more space between the gas and brake pedal.
    I still have work to do on them before I can check them off the list.

Yes those are power assist brakes. One of the many up grades I gave the car. Pedal assembly is out of a Mazda Miata.

PA280001.jpg

Well it rained again today and we all know what that means... I get to work on the car today!

Started the install of the AC/heater unit.
    After taking numerous measurements to make sure it would fit I bit the bullet(sucked up the courage) and started to do some cutting to the dash for it to accept the unit.(the insert for the radio had to be cut out and a couple of mounting tabs on the AC/Heater unit had to be cut and a section of the center console had to be cutout.)
    Its just sitting in there for now but it fits. I think I'll cut openings in the center tunnel and run the AC/Heater line down the center of the tunnel

P3130001a.jpg

P3130002a.jpg

P3130003a.jpg

P3130004a.jpg

P3130005a.jpg

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    It looks like a neat install, looking forward to seeing how this pans out.

Dirk

wow, I never imagined you were going to mount it there. Also I feel for you in terms of having to redo all that custom work on the console etc..

Can't wait to see how it progresses. So you chose to fit the newer model rather than the older one?

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    wow, I never imagined you were going to mount it there. Also I feel for you in terms of having to redo all that custom work on the console etc..

Can't wait to see how it progresses. So you chose to fit the newer model rather than the older one?

Not much change was needed on the console

Yes I went with the newer version. It fit better and the vent is at a better angle for matching into the dashes opening.

Got the rough mock up of the new bezel(trim, cover)for the HVAC controls made.

P3210001.jpg

P3210002.jpg

P3210003.jpg

Sprayed a similar silver that should follow the lines nicely, and being higher up its easier to see

Great job Brett, making it look so OEM too, I am sure when it's all the same finish it will look AWESOME!
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

http://ukhozi.page.tl