Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 009

Its all coming together nicely, I can't wait to see it all fitted. I'm sure the design flow through from the rear storage to the centre console and then to the dash itself will really make the car look so OEM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    That looks very neat, how will you get access to your VIN number, will the centre section lift out?

Dirk

No special provisions were made to access the VIN number.

Around here, once the car is registered getting to the VIN number is not needed. However removing the part to get access to the VIN is no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Looking very nice, great work and practical for the car as well
    Thanks
    Its low profile will allow storage space on top of the part also.

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Its all coming together nicely, I can't wait to see it all fitted. I'm sure the design flow through from the rear storage to the centre console and then to the dash itself will really make the car look so OEM.
    We will see

When making the bucks/plugs for the side panels and rear storage, I was pressed for time so some areas didn't receive the attention they should have.

I have 4 days without the grand kids so its go time. attention to some spots were eliminated so I could get the glassing done.

Today I hope to get the side panels made and have the mould done for the rear storage area

Mould finished for the rear storage area

P4150002.jpg
    P4150004.jpg

Looking very good. your fiberglass skills are outstanding and an inspiration keep it coming.

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    No special provisions were made to access the VIN number.

Around here, once the car is registered getting to the VIN number is not needed. However removing the part to get access to the VIN is no problem.

Our VIN number is supposedly checked every year on the MOT. I have just googled USA version of the British MOT and you don't appear to have one? some states have an emissions test and that's it? Wow I am surprised at that, or have I got that wrong?

Dirk

Our VIN number is supposedly checked every year on the MOT. I have just googled USA version of the British MOT and you don't appear to have one? some states have an emissions test and that's it? Wow I am surprised at that, or have I got that wrong?

Dirk
    Sounds about right, Florida had tests in road side stations by state police but dropped it due to running costs I believe, at least the ones I saw on my last trip wee derelict.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Dirk
    Registration for vehicles varies from state to state here.

Some states don't require nothing others require just a smog test and the guide lines for the smog test vary from state to state. California has the most strict test from what I'm told.

Here in Nevada to resister a vehicle you need just a smog test but if the vehicle was made before a certain date its not required.(I think if its over 20 years old or older a smog is not required)

Price to register a vehicle is based on retail value I think. New vehicles cost more than used ones to get registered.(at least in Nevada). As the years build on a vehicle the registration fees get lower. Thats just here in Nevada as I mention earlier every State has their own rules for registration.

Got the glass laid in the side panel molds last night

P4160001.jpg

I let it cure over night and popped the part out this morning.

P4160004.jpg

The part in place. I still need to cut out the areas for the pocket and the interior courtesy light.

P4160005.jpg

Excellent work Brett ... I love to see original design!
    Alistair

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Nice. Looking forward to seeing how this comes together...