Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344

Thread: 009

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    @Dirk
    I used to enjoy driving my first car at night, it's best time to be on the road in London.

@Brett
    I like the idea of having 2 light sources per side to fill the interior with light, good work.

I have interior lights in my car, I found the best position is behind the driver, as it illuminates what is in front of you that you want to look at. I had one in front once and all it did was blind me.

I also put lights on the under side of the canopy, so that when open they illuminate too as sort of night time marker lights if you are stopped and getting out of the car. They give a nice red glow around the edges.

To your point Dirk I think although there might be some slight obscuration of the beam by the seat it won't be significant, and the position Brett has chosen will illuminate what is in front of him, which is likely what he will want to see so its all good. Having driven a fair bit at night in my Nova in the past interior lights are a must.

I'm a fan of interior lights. Well done Brett

As a display or courtesy light option it is a good idea nicely executed as usual but ANY interior lighting whist driving would make it impossible to see out at night.
    I have hundreds of hidden LEDs on strips in and under the car so it lights up red inside and a blue under car but only when stationary.

Of course in the UK it is illegal to drive with interior lights on.

IMG063.jpgIMG067.jpg
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    Mmmm not sure I see the point, if your car is a play thing like mine and most others, having driven it once in the dark you will avoid it as much as possible its not the nicest experience. Whilst I love most of Bret's ideas (keep them coming) I'm not sure the position will offer much light assistance once the seat is in ?

Dirk
    Hi Dirk
    Thanks for your input.

In regards to why I did it, the BCM(body control module)Has the circuitry and programing for interior lights in it so I saw no reason why not to use it.
    Same reason why I'm going to use the door ajar warning lights. The ajar system will cover the canopy, bonnet/hood, engine cover(since I don't have a boot/trunk).

Now back to the interior lights
    The system is already there so why not use it? It has a timer for turning off the lights after so many minutes of being on. They only come on when the canopy is in the open position. I have 1 dome light that can be turned on when the canopy is closed. The rear interior light was put there for adding some light behind the seats also. My seats recline forward and as David has mentioned else where, that area can be used as storage space, I did make that storage bin back there and having some light on a dark night to look for something I thought would be useful. I also have a secondary fuse box back there and maybe having some extra light back there might be useful if I ever have to change a fuse when its dark out.

Just thought I'd share whats going on. Some things are not for everyone and thats OK.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Hi Dirk
    Thanks for your input.

In regards to why I did it, the BCM(body control module)Has the circuitry and programing for interior lights in it so I saw no reason why not to use it.
    Same reason why I'm going to use the door ajar warning lights. The ajar system will cover the canopy, bonnet/hood, engine cover(since I don't have a boot/trunk).

Now back to the interior lights
    The system is already there so why not use it? It has a timer for turning off the lights after so many minutes of being on. They only come on when the canopy is in the open position. I have 1 dome light that can be turned on when the canopy is closed. The rear interior light was put there for adding some light behind the seats also. My seats recline forward and as David has mentioned else where, that area can be used as storage space, I did make that storage bin back there and having some light on a dark night to look for something I thought would be useful. I also have a secondary fuse box back there and maybe having some extra light back there might be useful if I ever have to change a fuse when its dark out.

Just thought I'd share whats going on. Some things are not for everyone and thats OK.
    I can not fault your logic it all makes perfect sense, I like the idea with the ajar warning, I've just got a new company car and that will not even pull off if the drives door is not shut properly.

Dirk

One step forward 4 steps back

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Glass cured

Attachment 4157

Rough Sanded and recess for handle to sit in cut out
    Attachment 4158

New release handle checked for fit
    Attachment 4159
    Wow I had to go all the way back to 26-07-2020 to find this. Doesn't seem that long ago that I did this.

Well, back then I had other plans for a opening switch but for some reason I couldn't find it so this was plan "B"
    Guess what?? I found the switch I originally wanted to use. Buried in with my surplus(rats nest) of wires. I knew I didn't throw it away.

So out with the old and in with the new

Old switch comes out and hole is sealed and new switch is installed. And before you ask, Yes its sealed so water wont get into it

If this kind of stuff keeps happening I'll never finish this car

P8200003.jpg

P8200001.jpg

P8200002.jpg

I assume the switch has some sort of additional security feature so not anyone can walk up and open or close the canopy. Right? What's your security feature? Asking because I've been thinking about doing similar and always looking for a new/better idea.
    Thanks,

Nic.
    http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l61/quikniq/
    CCC Sterling # 416

Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    I assume the switch has some sort of additional security feature so not anyone can walk up and open or close the canopy. Right? What's your security feature? Asking because I've been thinking about doing similar and always looking for a new/better idea.
    Key fob controls lock/unlock and open/close of the canopy.