Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 009

Got the gear lever relocated and started to mount the HVAC unit.

P3260003.jpg

P3260005.jpg

That was fast work, lock down has its benefits......more car time

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    That was fast work, lock down has its benefits......more car time
    I ordered the parts for the modification about a year ago, knowing that it would have to be done after The new dash and console were made, so it was just a matter of me getting off my lazy ass and doing it.

After I got the body back on the chassis a light bulb went on and I realized I still need to fit the gas tank I made a while back and that requires the body being lifted off

For now I got the HVAC to install, parking brake(went to foot operated instead of oem hand brake), gas tank, wiring and the new side pods to make(per the mock up pictures I sent you) and the new style of tail lights.

I think that will be it and my attempts of updating the car will be done.

I was thinking of doing the suspension but the lug pattern on the new setup will change and then the rims I have will not fit so that has been cancelled.(I got to much money into the rims to not use them).

Also I'm getting to old to keep dragging this on any longer. I know if I don't finish it the car will never see the road.

Moving forward! There appears to be a light at the end of the tunnel.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    […]
    Also I'm getting to old to keep dragging this on any longer. I know if I don't finish it the car will never see the road.
    Wise words.

How was the gearshift relocate? How far did you go back? This part of the build doesn't get much coverage on the forum, maybe it should.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Wise words.

How was the gearshift relocate? How far did you go back? This part of the build doesn't get much coverage on the forum, maybe it should.
    As you recall I posted in the transmission section asking if there was anyone interested in seeing it done.
    I got a couple of posts offering suggestions on how to do it(your self included)but there didn't seem to much interest in it.

"Dirk" commented
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    I think most of us if not all have bought finished cars rather than a new kit or new Beetle chassis. so whilst most of us would not need the info, I am sure in time some one would find it useful. that said I would like to see you do a post just because I like the threads you do and appreciate the time you take to do them.

Dirk
    So I just assumed that no one is interested in it. Well my mistake.
    Also at the time I felt it would be a waste of time to post it just for the sake of posting. again my bad.
    I have a few things going on today but I will post the procedure in the transmission section so in the future it will be easier to find there.

Didn't you get my PM? bugger!
    It is a sticky on my forum. (I just checked it still reads OK.)
    https://eaglecarclub.proboards.com/t...ositon-chassis
    I cheated, of course and used a self contained Skoda 1300 Rapide shifter into the handbrake location, which of course is rare these days, even in the Czech republic it seems..

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Didn't get any PM
    If you posted it on the Sterling site I very rarely log onto the site and messages are not emailed to me.

Web site says access denied

OK. Seems I covered it elsewhere but you seem to have done a better job anyway. Not seen a shifter plate with bush attached before, not in my day anyway. Neat. Looks like I am about 4" further back, 31" inside leg? Ah, also different pedals.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Between other projects and the grand kids here I didn't get much done.

I did however managed to get the AC unit mounting bracket semi made.

P3310001.jpg

P3310002.jpg