Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
Results 221 to 228 of 228

Thread: 009

  1. #221
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    1,800
    Looks perfectly good to me Brett!

    .... and it's a great example of the time we put into our cars which we'll probably never get back in monetary terms (as discussed elsewhere on the Forum about Mark's and Jim's Novas) but that's not what it's about ......... what do they say? .... "it's not crossing the finish line that matters, it's enjoying the journey to get there!"

    Keep the updates coming Brett!

  2. #222
    Senior Member Brett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Las Vegas,NV USA
    Posts
    395
    The fun starts

    Getting all the different electrical systems to talk to each other.(steering column, dash, power canopy, fuel system, engine, lights, etc.)

    They work independently of each other but I'm not going to have multiple fuse boxes and BCM,s cluttering up the car.

  3. #223
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Peter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Estepona, Spain
    Posts
    3,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Don't start reminiscing about the Good OL' Days Peter I might start getting all teary eyed.

    Yes I remember those more simple days of carburetors and points. Then came precision fuel delivery systems called Fuel Injection and reliable ignition timing and spark called electronic ignitions.
    Gone are the old days. Some of us only have the memories and when we tell the youth of how it was they just laugh and think we're full of it.

    One story that comes to me is my son was watching an old tv show one day that was in black and white. He called me into the room and said the tv was broke, there's no color. I had to explain to him at one time tv shows were not in color. He had a hard time believing it.
    On a Spanish TV show recently the presenter offered an old dial telephone to some kds and asked them to dial 911, could they? No way, they pressed it, stabbed it but none thought of turning the dial. really funny but also so sad.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

    http://ukhozi.page.tl

  4. #224
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Peter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Estepona, Spain
    Posts
    3,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    The fun starts

    Getting all the different electrical systems to talk to each other.(steering column, dash, power canopy, fuel system, engine, lights, etc.)

    They work independently of each other but I'm not going to have multiple fuse boxes and BCM,s cluttering up the car.
    I know what you mean, I have so many bits from so many cars as well as after market accessories I just hook them up and it seems to work.

    I don't even remember what some of the parts are from.

    Just for fun, the bits I do remember are;

    Steering column switches, indicator, dip, wiper horn, wash. Triumph Dolomite.
    Wiper motor, BMC Mini
    Digital speedo Opel Astra GTr MkII
    Lights, fog, front/rear and fan 1 & 2, flick switches
    Fan Ford Escort MkII
    Fuel tank sender Triumph 2000 MkII
    Headlight lifter Land Rover MkII wiper motor
    Radio, GPS, DVD etc, 7" 2Din. aftermarket all hooked up via a 19 pin military plug.
    Side/fog/indicator lights front. LED strips.
    Third brake light strip VW Polo
    Automatic, push button start system Chinese.
    Rear light cluster and boot lid popper Vauxhall (Chevy) Cavalier
    Ignition Petronix coil with $20 contactless module, Works the same as Petronix but 1/4 the price
    Alternator from VW Brazil
    Interior light VW Jetta
    Electronic door actuators , generic Chinese crap. relays for doors Lucas, control boards Chinese 4 relay remote module.
    Stereo, 4 x 40W but RCA into one 4 x 120W and one 2 x 120w Alpine amps into 2 x 8" three way, 2 6 1/4" three way and 2 x 2" tweeters,
    Plus rear view camera, side view cameras and monitors. eBay

    Most other parts from Vehicle Wiring Products, such as thin insulator wiring, fuse box, relay box, connector blocks, relays, etc

    As far as talking to each other? Quite a conversation going on here at tims.

    CCB2 2.jpg
    ..
    Last edited by Peter; 08-11-2020 at 04:01 PM.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

    http://ukhozi.page.tl

  5. #225
    Senior Member Brett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Las Vegas,NV USA
    Posts
    395
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    On a Spanish TV show recently the presenter offered an old dial telephone to some kds and asked them to dial 911, could they? No way, they pressed it, stabbed it but none thought of turning the dial. really funny but also so sad.
    The really sad part of that is, Not that they didn't know how to use it, but that they couldn't figure it out.

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

    Just for fun, the bits I do remember are;

    Steering column switches, indicator, dip, wiper horn, wash. Triumph Dolomite.............................

    Having being doing and redoing my car over so many year I had a similar problem not remembering exactly where the parts came from, so much so that I've now started writing stuff down when I purchase and fit bits as its not like my memory will improve over the years and who knows how long it is before I finish it then wonder where to get replacement parts from!

  7. #227
    Senior Member Phill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Livingston (Scotland)
    Posts
    1,509
    Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Having being doing and redoing my car over so many year I had a similar problem not remembering exactly where the parts came from, so much so that I've now started writing stuff down when I purchase and fit bits as its not like my memory will improve over the years and who knows how long it is before I finish it then wonder where to get replacement parts from!
    I kept a note of all the parts I bought when I rebuilt my car... but can't remember where I put my notebook...
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

    http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns


  8. #228
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Peter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Estepona, Spain
    Posts
    3,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    I kept a note of all the parts I bought when I rebuilt my car... but can't remember where I put my notebook...
    Me too, not only that but a lot of files seem to have 'got lost' too.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

    http://ukhozi.page.tl

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •