Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 009

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Most after market knobs are universal and secured by three small grub screws under a collar like my Simoni one, a huge selection from sculls and golf/snooker balls to super sport types and many have vinyl inserts that cam be changed for some of your own trim material. . and for about only $25 upwards too.

Great progress on the HVAC unit, would love to fit one just like it but no coolant.
    Attachment 3949
    Getting the knob to fit is not my concern, its getting the reverse lockout to work.

Very few cars(that I know of) have the the same system to access reverse.
    Yes any lever could be made to work but the lever may not have the reverse lockout safety feature.

I haven't researched this yet so I don't know what options are out there.

Have the outer shift tube spring loaded and a peg and gate at the bottom so you push down and across for reverse. I just have a spring loaded safety that requires a good shove tideways to engage reverse.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Home improvement projects are winding down so more time can be spent on other things.

Been working on the power assist system for the canopy. Testing different gas struts/springs and I found a setup that supports the canopy in any position. No matter where you stop in the canopies travel the canopy will hold that position without moving.

Got one unit installed but the system uses 13mm ball studs and I had to order those so it may be a week before everything gets connected and working.

P5200001.jpg

P5200002.jpg

Also working on the tail lights, interior, and new design for the side pods

So the gas assist struts are going to be hidden out of the way in the side panels also, that is pretty neat. Really cool solution to something that hasn't changed in 40 years. Nice lateral thinking, and great outcome.

Yes - very clever and a neat solution
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

I love it, so different and it works. great! Trying to think if I could hide such a thing in the sills of the SS ( same as Nova/Stirling) but working at right angle pushing up behind the seats on a long connecting rod to the door.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Great solution, well done.

I love it, so different and it works. great! Trying to think if I could hide such a thing in the sills of the SS ( same as Nova/Stirling) but working at right angle pushing up behind the seats on a long connecting rod to the door.

could a cable be used like what is used to steer a boat be routed from the actuator up to the door connection ??

If I had positive force on the door ram say 150Lbs positive and used a cable to pull it shut but I think the constant strain would not be a good idea-
    As one can see on the video on YouTube I have an 8" actuator which doesn't open the door enough and increasing the lift by 1" means 2" in overall length, is slow, 7secs and noisy, so although it will do for now I am looking at a better way.
    Twin actuators in the door roof acting on double jointed hinges in the roof covered by a door roof flap is one idea I designed for TEAC SS back in 2005 or hydraulic rams operated via valves from an accumulator for instant pressure. or sod it, stay slow, noisy and mind my head.

But I do love those units, very strong and quite quick.

If I had positive force on the door ram say 150Lbs positive and used a cable to pull it shut but I think the constant strain would not be a good idea-
    As one can see on the video on YouTube I have an 8" actuator which doesn't open the door enough and increasing the lift by 1" means 2" in overall length, is slow, 7secs and noisy, so although it will do for now I am looking at a better way.
    Twin actuators in the door roof acting on double jointed hinges in the roof covered by a door roof flap is one idea I designed for TEAC SS back in 2005 or hydraulic rams operated via valves from an accumulator for instant pressure. or sod it, stay slow, noisy and mind my head.

But I do love those units, very strong and quite quick.

For your application maybe something like this would work better than a remote motor setup

https://motowey.com/products/toyota-...ctric-tailgate

I haven't done any research on these but from the info, they are height adjustable, manual operated plus some nice features(pinch sensor, foot sensor, remote control, soft close)

Finding one that fits would be the hard part but maybe contacting the manufacturer they could make that a little less painful.