Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: 009

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Fantastic work, the door panel looks great.

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Looking good as always. Actually those slim line indicators do look like they have lots of possibilities to where they can be placed. What are they off of?
    Cadillac Catera

Its been a while since I posted any thing so I thought I'd update everyone for those that are following the build.

Still waiting for the weather to get warm enough to fiberglass all the parts that were made during the cooler days.

The new hood/bonnet is still on hold till the weather gets warmer. I have it all ready to start, just waiting for the temperatures to get warmer.

Started to work on the new canopy lifting arms. After going through several different designs and finding flaws in them I decided to stay with the looks of the stock arms with a few changes.
    Major change will be that the gas strut will no longer be visible. It will be located inside the body along with the power lift system that I'm installing.
    Thought I'd try 304 stainless steel as the material to make them out of. That will arrive on Tuesday and unlike the fiberglass it wont matter what the temperature is outside so I can get started on that when the material gets here.

Hi Brett, great to see you are slogging on and making great progress, it really is looking good, can't wait until it's all one color, even grey primer, going to look awesome.

Waiting for stuff to arrive is a curse ad hold everything up. here we can't buy anything locally apart from filler and GRP kits for $20 a yard, electrical stuff, nope, fittings, nuffin' Paint, only if you have a friend in the car repair business, really sucks having to go on eBay or Amazon to get EVERYTHING. at least it's cheaper.

I have been waiting two weeks for one ANY coupling to finish the fuel system and it's doing my head in.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Got the bucks for the interior panels painted today.
    Because of the screw up on the bonnet I will need to order more resin to make the moulds for these panels

I use black paint because any flaw will show up

P3270002.jpgP3270003.jpgP3270004.jpg

Very nice what paint did you use is it a 2 pack?

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    Very nice what paint did you use is it a 2 pack?

Dirk

Directions say that a reducer is not needed but I get better results when I use one. The paint flows better in my opinion and I get a better smooth glossy finish when I use a reducer.

For painting I have a Finish Line by DeVilbiss gun FLG3 and I use a No. 3 tip

P3280001.jpgP3280002.jpgP3280003.jpg

Got the bucks for the interior side panels sprayed with gel coat today. I should be able to get one layer of glass laid today before the sun goes down.

P4020001.jpg

Very nice, when spraying gel coat can you get that coverage with just one coat, I have only brushed roller'ed gel coat and it is always patchy in places and you are not supposed to apply 2 coats.

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Got the bucks for the interior side panels sprayed with gel coat today. I should be able to get one layer of glass laid today before the sun goes down.

P4020001.jpg
    Brett, your work is great. It was a pleasure visiting with you Sunday. Worked on a scoop today. Used a polyprolene 32 oz yogurt container to form the scoop.. Do you know if this material will be effected by resin? Tried to install the lift cylinders. They were not strong enough to hold up my louvre panel. Will let you know what I come up with.
    Again great meeting you. Tom