Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: 009

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    If you check mostins build thread he did something similar.
    However, you have to think further ahead.
    If the relays were there, with the tunnel fitted, will you be able to remove the tunnel for access with the seats fitted.....
    Just putting it out there !!!!
    This is why I put all of my relays behind the slide out CD player.......I could access within 30 seconds ...
    I could remove my tunnel as I had tilting seats , but yes it is a consideration if you don't!

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    If you check mostins build thread he did something similar.
    However, you have to think further ahead.
    If the relays were there, with the tunnel fitted, will you be able to remove the tunnel for access with the seats fitted.....
    Just putting it out there !!!!
    This is why I put all of my relays behind the slide out CD player.......I could access within 30 seconds ...
    Some thought did go into it.
    I consider relays and the ECM(Engine Control Module) a low maintenance item. I can't remember when the last time I had to replace either in all the cars I've owned.

If maintenance is needed it will take me longer than 30 seconds to get to but I can get to them with the seats installed.
    Thats because my seats can be tilted forward
    IMG_0541a.jpg

Spaghetti

P1090001.jpg

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Hi Brett,
    Knowing how you like to make things from scratch, I sense a rewiring project on the horizon!
    Good luck,
    Alistair

Looking at that reminds me why I'm procrastinating and haven't started my wiring yet!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Hi Brett,
    Knowing how you like to make things from scratch, I sense a rewiring project on the horizon!
    Good luck,
    Alistair
    Yes I'm at that point to start the wiring. I've been stocking up on the materials needed, got the wiring diagrams figured out and drawn up for the different systems and I can now start moving forward with the wiring.

What you see is the harness for just the engines functions.

I am waiting on the heat gun that will be used for the heat shrink tubing. The heat shrink tubing that I'm using requires a little more heat than the less expensive brands and the method that I used on the less expensive brands doesn't work very well on the type I'm using for this job. So I did some research for a gun that was more specifically designed for heat shrink tubing. That took a little time to find because most are designed to do a variety of tasks.(put out more heat than needed for just heat shrink tubing and nozzles are to large to heat a specific spot or to get into tight spaces). Also you can get replacement parts for it which is a plus.
    Once it gets here I'll post my findings and do a write up on it.

Once it comes in I'll get serious on the wiring. Right now I'm just laying out everything and figuring out the routing and location of components.

Gawd! That's like something from a horror movie. So glad I have 6 wires in total.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl