Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: 009

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Nice work, keep the updates coming

Dirk, same here, even a simple thing from a shop they want the "Basador" VIN number, doesn't mean they get it right though.

Brett, Good to see you haven't melted yet, saw the temperatures in Las Vegas on the weather and thought of you,.

Always a case of lights everywhere on a job like this, just tackle one at a time. You might find you need a diagnostics program like Delphi which I use to clear the codes and reset. most SRS sensors do not reset though, we scrapped a Volvo 740 because it meant buying a new SRS box and cost of having Volvo program it. ( there were few other fault codes too.)

I trust you have mounted the OBD2 socket somewhere handy.

Starting to come alive, that's the main thing.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Display even reads out crash. Maybe I can get rid of that with a scanner. If not, figure out where thats stored at and replace the unit from a car that wasn't in a crash
    This may likely be stored in the airbag control unit, but you probably don't have that connected in the system, so maybe it updates the BCU after an airbag is deployed and its just a code from there that can get reset from the OBD. I've googled but find nothing about the "CrASH" message on a ford fiesta LED dash screen

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    This may likely be stored in the airbag control unit, but you probably don't have that connected in the system, so maybe it updates the BCU after an airbag is deployed and its just a code from there that can get reset from the OBD. I've googled but find nothing about the "CrASH" message on a ford fiesta LED dash screen
    Had some time to play with it and haven't really resolved any issues yet.

Display screen says I have the right and left turn signals bulbs out, even though the turn signals work. Maybe the smaller bulbs aren't pulling enough juice.(more work to resolve that issue)

Hooked up my scanner and it wouldn't communicate with the BCU.
    the scanner only had Ford vehicles up to 2005, so I got on the computer to try and update it and their web site is down so I guess they are no longer around.

Well I guess I created more work for myself.

Here's what lights up when you turn the key to the on position. Granted I will loose a few of those when the engine is running(I hope)
    I do have the control module for the tire pressure/Vehicle Security Module but no sensors.
    So it isn't out of the question to install the tire pressure sensors and get that system working(more work that I wasn't planning to do)

2012 fiesta IP 1a.jpg
    Last edited by Brett; 10-07-2021 at 05:51 PM.

Brett, download Autocom Delphi DS150E software in install it on a windows laptop or tablet, (I just bought a Lenovo 310 for $50 with windows to do just that, (my old Acer Travelmate 2000 is not very good and bloody heavy).
    It covers all vehicles and resets about everything and what's more you can get it free to download. set up is a bit tricky but follow the install instructions and it works great. You will need to buy the unit of course but the cheap copy works just as well as the genuine delphi unit

https://mega.nz/file/tfpxiYQZ#6WkvFQ...binuFq59PHshSY

Not sure where you would get in USA but this is what I bought and it works well,

https://tinyurl.com/2j3k43y6
    Last edited by Peter; 11-07-2021 at 11:46 AM.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

Having just to much fun with this.

First I checked the OBDII connector on the scanner and then the connector on the car. The wires don't match up so that maybe the issue.

Then today
    Well the "crash" readout is gone. I have no idea what happen but its gone.

Next got an error readout on the power steering. Haven't looked at that yet

Tried to wire in the fuel gauge(how hard can that be, there's only 2 wires) but it didn't mater what I did, the gauge read 2/3 full and no mater where the sending unit was at.

Thinking of putting back the TPMS(tire pressure monitoring system). First I want to see what one of the sending units look like and if they'll fit in the rims that I have. I went to one of the yards a week ago to look for a sending unit but someone had all ready made off with the tires and rims
    That would eliminate the flashing low tire pressure light on the dash

I was also thinking of removing the lights in the dash for the systems that I'm not using. I think they would need to be unsoldered since they're led's (I think)

Had all the excitement I could stand for one day so I packed it in.

Tried to wire in the fuel gauge(how hard can that be, there's only 2 wires) but it didn't matter what I did, the gauge read 2/3 full and no mater where the sending unit was at.
    I seem to remember reading on a forum somewhere that for the Subaru both the main fuel pump, and jet pump have to be wired into the system in order to get the fuel gauge to read correctly as it uses the combined resistance. Given you have used the stock loom for that part, and modified fuel tank (which has both the main and jet pump) its not likely that, but maybe just check the connection to the jet pump.

I was also thinking of removing the lights in the dash for the systems that I'm not using. I think they would need to be unsoldered since they're led's (I think)
    If they are indeed soldered you could always take the easy way out and simply cover them, or just use a screw driver to damage the LED filament so it won't work

Having just too much fun with this.
    On the upside, having been on the UK forum for a while now you have mastered the art of British Sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    I seem to remember reading on a forum somewhere that for the Subaru both the main fuel pump, and jet pump have to be wired into the system in order to get the fuel gauge to read correctly as it uses the combined resistance. Given you have used the stock loom for that part, and modified fuel tank (which has both the main and jet pump) its not likely that, but maybe just check the connection to the jet pump.
    I was using just the main sending unit that put out 0-50ohms for testing so I wasn't expecting it to be accurate but I had hoped it would at least move the needle a little on the gauge.

I searched the web to find the resistance of the oem sending unit but didn't have any luck. Found some basic specs for Ford gauges but nothing specifically for the Fiesta.

The wiring is different between the 2 systems. the oem dash uses 2 wires going into the IP and the Subaru uses 1 wire to the IP and the other is ground so just getting the needle to move would have made my day.

Well at least I got the radio's power antenna and the alternator wired in.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    What labels / part numbers do you have on the back of the cluster?
    What information do you already have on sensors / control box etc

Have you tried a simple 0-100Ohm variable resistor to check the gauge?